Thread: very worried, doctor ordered a blood test

very worried, doctor ordered a blood test

went to doctor for swollen lymph node and asked him to check for lymphoma, etc. he asked for a blood test bc my tonsils were swollen and he said he was just checking for mono, but im wondering if he is also checking for cancer. im really nervous and freaked out

Re: very worried, doctor ordered a blood test

What would be his motivation for lying to you? If he suspected you had a form of cancer, wouldnt't you expect him to raise the subject to ensure you were involved?

This is a classic anxiety issue - not being able to see what is in a doctor's head and doubt creeping in with all of it's little tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    What would be his motivation for lying to you? If he suspected you had a form of cancer, wouldnt't you expect him to raise the subject to ensure you were involved?

This is a classic anxiety issue - not being able to see what is in a doctor's head and doubt creeping in with all of it's little tricks.
    that is a good point. blood tests are scary because there are so many unknowns

Checking for mono is common. It does cause the lymph nodes to swell! I had mono when I was a teen. I had swollen nodes for 14 months from it.

I feel totally fine though! Like literally this year the only times I've felt bad is I had a cold in the fall and then the flu in February but haven't ever felt bad otherwise so idk why he'd think mono.

That's good that everything is fine with you!

Thread Information