Hi,

Has anyone else had this sensation: that their heart is being tightly squeezed and pushed into their chest? it is normally accompanied by a rush that goes through the whole of my upper body and into my head, making me really dizzy (a couple of times so bad that I felt that I was going to pass out). When it happens, sometimes it is a slight squeezing, sometimes stronger.... it tends to last a few seconds...it can come and go over a few minutes.

I get it sometimes (day and night) and it terrifies me... each time I get it I am convinced that I am about to have a heart attack and that my heart will either stop or rupture.

I've been to A&E several times as a results, and ECG, bloods tests and x-rays come back as normal. I've been diagnose with multiple arrythmia (irregular heart beat) for which I am taking medication. I just get so freaked out by the squeezing of the heart feeling, and just hope that it is the anxiety that is causing i and not a heart condition.

I've had MRIs, CT scan and ultrasound of my heart, and the results were normal. I've got more cardiology tests coming up: stress test, another 24hr ECG and maybe and EPS (electrophysiological study).

I think that this sqeezing / pushing into the chest of my heart is by far the most scary symptom that I experience as it convinces me more than anything that I am about to die!!

Sometimes, it is also accompanied by tingling in left arm / numbess and palpitations.

I'd like to know other people's experience of this horrific symptom.

Many thanks people.

Darren