Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lump !!

lump !!

hi gang,
    about 4 months ago,i found a small lump in my breast, i went to the doctors shortly after i found it, she said it wasnt anything to worry about, as she could move it about, it wasnt attached to anything, so she said she didnt need to send me to have a mamagram, the thing is i started to worry about it again, i dont know why, im thinking what if she got it wrong and it is cancer, do you think i should be worrying about it again. i dont really want to go back to surgery about it, the lump hasnt got any bigger, what do you think
    luv an anxious sue xx[V]

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    Hi Sue,

Sorry to hear that, here is a link that I have found for you that might help put your mind at rest.

http://www.breastcancer.org/worried_...cancer_hm.html

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

hi Sue,

If the lump hasn't got any better then you have nothing to worry about. I'm sure the doctor knows what she's talking about. If you really are worried, do go back and get it loooked at again as it will put your mind at rest.

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Sue,

Have to agree with Sarah...if your worried go back or see the practice nurse

with good wishes

Zena

Hi Sue

I agree with Sarah. If I wasn't happy I would go back again

MANDIE XX

in the case of lumps in the breast i think being over cautious is better than not worrying about it at all, a 2nd opinion would be good to put your mind at complete rest. Docs do get things wrong theyre not perfect! the risk of cancer is so great now a days that i think better to check and check again than not at all, considering how quickly it can progress. im sure its nothing to worry about full checks is always the best way.

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

Sue

The only reason I think you should go back is to be reassured again (us anxious lot need a lot of this dont we).

Tell your doctor and as soon as you get home again write down what she said and refer to it whenever you feel worried about it again. One of my friends took another friend with her so she could ask the friend to tell her again what the doctor said to save keep asking the doc. Phew, did that make sense?

I do know how you feel, I had a cyst on my ovary for nearly 2 years and had check ups abut 3/4 times at the hosp about it. I was stressed about it but not half so much as I would have been if my doctor hadnt been so good at reasuring me.

Chat soon

Love Piglet

Hi Sue, ive had a lump on my breast for a few months and today plucked up the courage to goto my GP because it had changed colour! after a quick look she said it was probably a cyst and didnt need to take it any further, but yeah it leave you a bit worried, im gunna keep an eye on it. have you thought about seeing another Dr for a 2nd opinion, i bet they get loads of cases like ours and dont forget thats what they are ther for. All the best...

Take Care Dee.

Lots of women get lumps in thier breasts, due to the natural breakdown of breast tissue as we age. Try taking Star flower and evening primrose to aid this I was told this when under the hospital for issues with my breasts afew years back.

If you are still very anxious though, ask to be referred or go privately if you need quick reassurance. I know it can be expensive, but it was what I xchose to do when I had a similar experience, and due to a local hospital closure was told I would have to wait 9 weeks for scan. Being anxious like you, I could not wait this amount of time.

Anyway, my problems did not turn out to be too serious and was followed up on NHS for a period of time.

Like Ive said, it is likely to be nothing, but dont make yourself ill with worry, if you need reassurance go back to GP. Remember, you are not a nuicance, its their job

Hi Sue

You have had some great replies.

I am sure the doctor has being thorough with you. Easier said than done but please do not try to worry about it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information