Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1377

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

I've been on Cit now for a few years, and am still really appreciating and enjoying the lack of unnecessary anxiety, and not one single panic attack. My life is so very much better now.

But I remember, oh so well, how absolutely horrible, and what a ghastly place it was, when I first went onto it. I started on 20mg and goodness, I felt so absolutely dreadful in every way, for a vey bad few weeks.

But a friend of mind, who'd been through this some months earlier, said to hang on and give it a proper chance. So I did. And it worked. It works now. It really does.

So, however bad things seem to be, do give it a few weeks - at least four - to start having its effect on you. There is a good place out there, and I really believe that Citalopram helped me to find it.

Good luck and be strong. I know you need that right now, but keep at it.

I've only just started taking them yesturday and I WS OK today I take them again and about hour after I was feeling dizziness like my legs was going to give in on me made be scared

I was put on Citalopram because of my health anxiety, at first I started on 10mg and had side affects like palpitations and it seemed to make me more anxious, so I quit after one day, but then hit a low day 4 days later, and decided to give it a go again. Did 4 days on 10mg now on 20 mg still having side affects but nothing I cant handle, the worse one is how tired they seem to make me

Hi I've been taking them for13 days now has anyone been wakeing up with all there cloths wet

I have Depression and Anxiety which i think i have suffered from for a long time.My Anxiety at night keeps me up until sometimes 6 like right now when im typing this due to the nausea i have. I was prescribed Citalopram on Tuesday. I started it the next day in the morning and at first i was fine but within 3 hours i felt dizzy, tired, nausea, weak in a way and just drained and then at night i couldnt sleep so i was up until 6 again. Today was the same thing and I guess what im wanting to know when do these symptoms end and should i try to take them at night instead of the morning? This is the first time i have ever taken anything for my depression and anxiety.

What strength tablets are you taking, and did you taper them?

Start with an eighth of a tablet for a few days, then a quarter, and so on until you're taking the full tablet everyday.

I've always taken them in the morning. Taking them at night can disrupt your sleep, in my experience.

Good luck, and look forward to brighter and happier days

I have just been prescribed these by my doctor and after ready your comments i will stick with feeling nauseous .I suffer with panic and anxiety so don't want to heighten my symptom .brilliant site im a new comer so this has helped

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Just been given these by my doctor but after ready your comment i will stick to just feeling nauseous dont want my panic and anxiety worsen by these .great site im a newbie; )

Galactorrhoea

Quote Originally Posted by dee1970 View Post
    I have just been prescribed these by my doctor and after ready your comments i will stick with feeling nauseous .I suffer with panic and anxiety so don't want to heighten my symptom .brilliant site im a new comer so this has helped

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Just been given these by my doctor but after ready your comment i will stick to just feeling nauseous dont want my panic and anxiety worsen by these .great site im a newbie; )
    My anxiety did get bad for a few weeks when I first got on these but I knew it was the meds because it wasn't the same type of anxiety as what I'd been dealing with all my life. It wasn't easy, but I knew it was going to pass and I'm so so so happy I went through a few weeks of bad anxiety, heart palpitations, headaches... Now I'm at month 4 or 5 of being completely anxiety-free with no side effects or unpleasant feelings.

To everyone here commenting and saying how hard it is in the beginning, hold on ! You went through years of feeling horrible, can't you take 2-3 more weeks of it? The benefits are well worth it !

Thanks for the encouragement, honeycakes! I've now passed the 2 week mark and I feel I'm through the worst of the side effects. I still wake in the night feeling very anxious but I'm familiar with it now so I can get through it pretty easily. Probably going to up my dose next week so might have another rough patch to go but I'm looking forward to being anxiety free!

Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138 LastLast

Thread Information