Hey everyone, sort of new here. Suffer from GAD/Health Anxiety. Had a bad bout 3 months ago. Been on meds for about 2 months.

I also live in Tokyo, Japan. I've been seeing a doctor who speaks good enough English, but I feel I don't get complete explanations/answers.

So its been 3 months of burping, digestive issues, hoarse voice, and throat pain. Being on a PPI has made the hoarseness and pain go away. Ive also been subscribed something to help stop vomiting and something to help repair stomach lining (japanese meds)

However, even being on these meds and changing my diet immesely, for the past week, my neck and throat have felt swollen. I burp constantly after eating and drinking. I have zero heartburn. I feel like theres... Something stuck in my throat. Everytime I swallow I feel it move. Pretty deep in the throat.
Usually the symptoms are gone in the morning, and get worse later in the day after eating/taking meds. Its almost if I have to completely fast to make the symptoms stop.

How long does GERD symptom take to subside? I'm eating basically just fruits, chicken, some yogurt, rice, and a ton of water. At least 7 weeks of PPI. Should I fight to get an endoscopy? Is it really GERD?