Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: freaking out about the flu (another one of us)

Re: freaking out about the flu (another one of us)

Just thought I'd share an update. I was swabbed for the flu: negative . Swabbed for strep throat: negative. The doctor said I had some sort of viral upper respatory virus.... It just needs to run its course .

I had an upper respiratory infection with laryngitis that lasted around four weeks in December and January. It was annoying, but no big deal.

I am completely freaked by this flu that is being talked about. Here in the UK the media are making it out to be the new plague & a death sentence !! Healthy people are dying at various ages young & old. We have a young family member on chemo which is scaring me even more. Today I have a slight sore throat & feel tired & bit off colour. My HA is now going up & up & Im having trouble controlling it. I am scared !!!!!

I'm also so paranoid about the flu. I'm five months pregnant and there's a whole slew of horror stories online about pregnant woman having complications due to the flu and losing their baby. I teach at the university level and at least five of my students have told me they are missing class this week due to the flu (same students I had in class last Friday), so of course I'm panicking that I caught it from them. I've had a headache off and on for the past few days and today I woke up with a bit of a cough in the morning, but I haven't coughed then and I don't think I have a fever. I don't know if this is the start of the flu or not, but I'm terrified and trying to not let this consume me. :(

Well, I can tell you that I am just barely getting over the cold virus I had all last week, and now I am stuck with a tickly, hacking cough! It's so frustrating. Of course my mind goes to all kinds of things... but I have to call it what it is. A post viral cough. Katie loves pizza- I hope you feel better soon. Lots of rest and drink plenty.

I woke up feeling sick after a friend with the flu approached me yesterday. It’s quite possible it’s msotly in my head although I do feel like I’m Getting at least a cold. But I feel kind of shaky and weird which is worrying me.

My doctor said there are different viruses going around, not just the flu. I felt very weird and shaky as I was getting my cold. I did not have the flu, although now i'm coughing which is really aggravating me. It's like I can't catch a break. It's awful enough to be riddled with panic and anxiety, and NOW I am trying to recover from this darn virus I got!

Interesting. Maybe I have something similar. I am a little stuffy and have a tiny cough and just feel a little fuzzy in the head.

I agree it is stressful getting sick when we are so scared of getting sick!!

I’ve had that irritating upper viral cough for 10 weeks!
    Resulted in me and hubby spending Christmas in bed as it developed into a mild flu with lethargy and aches. Just got rid of it and guess what...both kids now have a cough my hubby has picked up a cold and to top it off he refuses to sleep in the spare bed room! I’m bound to get it again arghhhh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information