Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of throat cancer

Re: Fear of throat cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Again... I WISH I had clear test results. I would have given nearly anything for the results you've had!

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I would seek help and treatment for the illness you do have.. ANXIETY! I have real physical issues that can out me six feet under at any time. You're have something that's doing that to you above ground.

Positive thoughts
    I can imagine the clear test results would have been a blessing for you! And I do realise I have bad anxiety, but don't think I'm like a lot of people you may come across on here who may have one small issue for a week and think they have cancer...I'm generally okay at first, it's when my issue go on for months that I start to panic :(

I am indeed already seeking further help for my anxiety, awaiting further appointments ATM.

Can you explain what you mean about the "Cancer is an uncontrolled growth...", I do realise this, and with regards to my concerns, I'm concerned due to the fact that the symptoms don't let up...I wake up with them, I go to bed with them, I feel them every day. Hence my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyswinger1 View Post
    Can you explain what you mean about the "Cancer is an uncontrolled growth..."
    It means it gets worse, grows etc. That small grape grew to a rather large one in a couple of months. In the 6 months from the time I noticed it until surgery it was huge and I was feeling ill. I read your post. You have a history of GERD and hiatus hernia. Again, your tests were clear. Mine weren't. My bloods were good but a couple of markers showed something was going on and scans clearly showed the enlarged nodes. A subsequent FNAB and PET scan showed the cancer.

If you're that concerned, get a 2nd opinion.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 08-03-18 at 20:56.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It means it gets worse, grows etc. That small grape grew to a rather large one in a couple of months. In the 6 months from the time I noticed it until surgery it was huge and I was feeling ill. I read you post. You have a history of GERD and hiatus hernia. Again, your tests were clear. Mine weren't. My bloods were good but a couple of markers showed something was going on and scans clearly showed the enlarged nodes. A subsequent FNAB and PET scan showed the cancer.

If you're that concerned, get a 2nd opinion.

Positive thoughts
    With you! Thanks for clearing that up, I realise what you mean now. No lumps or bumls here, just the bizarre feeling in my throat. Thanks for going back and reading my history also, I do believe it could he GERD related, just odd that the ENT didn't see any irritation etc.

I have a follow up consultation next week and if the ENT doesn't suggest some adequate tests to try to determine my issue, I'll seek a second opinion.

Thanks for your time replying. I do appreciate it and I'm not just looking for a reason to think I have a terminal disease, I'm looking for the opposite.

Cheers

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information