Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Piles/Hemorrhoids lots of mucus.

Re: Piles/Hemorrhoids lots of mucus.

ohhhhh yes, actually ive been having this issue myself lately. yesterday it seemed to disappear, but it has a lot to do with my eating habits. Look at the FODMAP diet for people with IBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky16 View Post
    Over here there is a gadget you can buy that you can put on your toilet that is a tiny tub for your behind. So you don't have to get in the bathtub, you just put this on the toilet, put the Epson salt water mixture in it, and sit in it. I have never used one, but I've seen them in the pharmacy.
    I'm tall so i could try doing that in the sink.

Thanks for the info

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BazB44 View Post
    ohhhhh yes, actually ive been having this issue myself lately. yesterday it seemed to disappear, but it has a lot to do with my eating habits. Look at the FODMAP diet for people with IBS.
    Thanks Baz.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Can you sit in an elevated position? If so, maybe a bowl? You might look like someone out of a cartoon after a spicy meal but it might work.

I guess if magnesium salts help there is the option of trying a liquid form as you can rub this on. You can also get shower gels but they won't be as good for concentration in that area but I wonder if you could just use a bit to rub into that area whilst using normal gel for the rest? I would do a bit of checking on the magnesium chloride (Epsom Salts isn't as bioavailable but you can get some in spray/oil forms, it's just less popular outside of bathing) because it can sting a bit so if you are experiencing bleeding it might not be ideal (I've rubbed if into cuts by mistake and it burns).

No more posing pouches either, that string goes right up your crack.
    Thanks for all the info mate.

Never thought about the posing pouch, i'll peel it off and stick it to the wall until next time!
    Last edited by BikerMatt; 11-03-18 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by BazB44 View Post
    Look at the FODMAP diet for people with IBS.
    I've recommended that for GERD too. My wife and I follow it. It works!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So a little update. I spoke to my GP last Friday and he gave me some proctosedyl ointment. I had some proctosedyl suppositories back in Jan but i couldn't get on with them so only used them for 3 days. The ointment doesn't seem to be helping and if anything i seem to be feeling itchy which i never had before. I've asked for a telephone consultation and he's calling tomorrow. How long can you use proctosedyl for? What other prescription ointments/creams have people used? Could itching be a sign of healing?

Thanks

I've been on proctosedyl for 4 months before. Bottom bled for half a year, with varying degrees of pain. Had endoscopy too. I later found that Germoloids Hydrocortisone was as good, and is available over the counter.

My problems were solved with daily prune juice (Sunsweet, never the supermarket brand as it tastes foul) and lots of fruit and veg. Eventually that stopped working and I have now switched to a product called Benefibre (powder available in supermarkets in the vitamin aisle) which has made going to the toilet so much more pleasant, and thus the piles were able to disappear eventually.

I do not suffer from Health Anxiety, but I have supported my wife through 12 years of battling with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHusband View Post
    I've been on proctosedyl for 4 months before. Bottom bled for half a year, with varying degrees of pain. Had endoscopy too. I later found that Germoloids Hydrocortisone was as good, and is available over the counter.

My problems were solved with daily prune juice (Sunsweet, never the supermarket brand as it tastes foul) and lots of fruit and veg. Eventually that stopped working and I have now switched to a product called Benefibre (powder available in supermarkets in the vitamin aisle) which has made going to the toilet so much more pleasant, and thus the piles were able to disappear eventually.
    Thanks so much for the info!

P.S. Just remembered that I found it helped to be scrupulously clean. Use wet wipes, and even shower after going to the loo (gentle cold water gives wonderful relief). I got into the shower every day for those 6 months just for that cold water rinse.

I do not suffer from Health Anxiety, but I have supported my wife through 12 years of battling with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHusband View Post
    P.S. Just remembered that I found it helped to be scrupulously clean. Use wet wipes, and even shower after going to the loo (gentle cold water gives wonderful relief). I got into the shower every day for those 6 months just for that cold water rinse.
    Thanks, yes i give my bum a good clean with the shower everyday. I've got a little one at home so use baby wipes to wipe after a poo. Earlier you said you had an endoscopy i pressume you mean colonoscopy? Did you have much weeping or mucus?

Spoke to my GP yesterday and he said i can carry on using the proctosedyl ointment for another 2 weeks. I don't seem to be getting as much watery mucus but did have a lot on Wednesday.

Has anybody else only ever had watery/mucus discharge and no blood from piles?

I get mucus without bleeding. I don't get bleeding much at all but mucus much more often. I've found bleeding is more when you've been doing a lot of straining, scratching them (an automatic disadvantage brickies everywhere ) or wiping too much/too hard/rough paper, etc.

Mine were problematic in the early years but ever since then they are much more settled and don't give me the same problems with flare ups or length of time with symptoms.

The itching maybe because you are putting something onto a sore area. It could even be healing? As long as it's not unbearable itching the GP probably thinks it will stop.

I always found using things like creams meant more weeping anyway and along with that comes itching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information