Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fear of being on my own for the rest of my life (:

Re: Fear of being on my own for the rest of my life (:

Was there not another group that you joined.

It's a sad fact that if you want to meet people you have to get out there among them.

It's not easy Dave, but you are a nice guy so it is probably worth the effort.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Sorry you've lost your parents BB.

I don't have an answer but i do know that every single mate i've had since leaving school has been through hobbies and sports i've played. If you don't have many hobbies is there not something you would like to do? I can guarantee you'll meet people.
    it's ok, But that's the thing I have quite a few hobbies So don't get it why am I on my own so much? ATB

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Was there not another group that you joined.

It's a sad fact that if you want to meet people you have to get out there among them.

It's not easy Dave, but you are a nice guy so it is probably worth the effort.

Elen
    I did join OCD meeting but left that a while back. Yes of course and had tried that too. This loniness stems over very long number of years going back to my school days. But thank you for your kind words ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    it's ok, But that's thing I have quite a few hobbies So don't get it why am I on my own so much? ATB
    What hobbies do you have?

I'm the same age as you by the way. I've not been able to do my two main hobbies for over 17 months now because of my back problem and other health things going on and it's doing my head in. I use fishing for my me time, the tackle shop run competitions and social events but i don't get involved. With my motorbike i joined a club as at one time about 20 mates that we had all known each other for years rode together but in 2008 one was killed in an accident and many packed it in.

You must have clubs and groups in your area for your hobbies?

What hobbies do you have?

I'm the same age as you by the way. I've not been able to do my two main hobbies for over 17 months now because of my back problem and other health things going on and it's doing my head in. I use fishing for my me time, the tackle shop run competitions and social events but i don't get involved. With my motorbike i joined a club as at one time about 20 mates that we had all known each other for years rode together but in 2008 one was killed in an accident and many packed it in.

You must have clubs and groups in your area for your hobbies?
    Ahh ok I like music (wide selection and different genres!) eating out, a few beers, dogs, going on weekend breaks, holidays, and preserved railway lines and steam trains. yes thats bad you lost a mate in that way sorry to hear that. Well thats me described now.Pretty boring reallyATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 22-03-18 at 19:19.

Ahh ok I like music (wide selection and different genres!) eating out, a few beers, dogs, going on weekend breaks, holidays, and preserved railway lines and steam trains. yes thats bad you lost a mate in that way sorry to hear that. Well thats me described now.ATB
    Just a thought have you looked if things happen at your local church? My Mum's a churchgoer and her church run things like film nights, music nights, arts and craft nights plus loads more. It's open to all, free and it's not intended to sign people up to religion.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Unless you have a relationship, which you say you don't want right now, you will still come home to an empty house. You will still wake up in the morning alone. A "friend" will have their own personal life, separate from your friendship, which you will have to accept and respect. A friendship will not survive possessiveness and envy.

You can have a very close friendship yet because of circumstances might only get to spend time together once a month. They might be in a relationship, have kids, a career, or other responsibilities. Would you be content with that? Or would you want to see that person at least 2-3 times a week, perhaps even spending a whole day together?

Unless we make peace with ourselves, we are doomed to feel lonely and unhappy, Dave.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Just a thought have you looked if things happen at your local church? My Mum's a churchgoer and her church run things like film nights, music nights, arts and craft nights plus loads more. It's open to all, free and it's not intended to sign people up to religion.
    I haven't and in any case whats the point thx anyway ATB

Meeting people? And you may just meet a nice lady!

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Unless you have a relationship, which you say you don't want right now, you will still come home to an empty house. You will still wake up in the morning alone. A "friend" will have their own personal life, separate from your friendship, which you will have to accept and respect. A friendship will not survive possessiveness and envy.

You can have a very close friendship yet because of circumstances might only get to spend time together once a month. They might be in a relationship, have kids, a career, or other responsibilities. Would you be content with that? Or would you want to see that person at least 2-3 times a week, perhaps even spending a whole day together?

Unless we make peace with ourselves, we are doomed to feel lonely and unhappy, Dave.
    KK I can handle that coming home to s empty house especaily if I have had a good day or evening out then I can reflect on the day and savour it I could adjust to that not easy but would prefer once a week And yes understand the other points you raised Thx KK ATB

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Meeting people? And you may just meet a nice lady!
    No what I meant was who would want to know me that's how bad I feel.... ATB

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I do not for a second believe you're an unlikeable person or that your past is all your fault. The root of the problem is YOU believing that too, matey.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information