Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: afraid of getting pregnant

Re: afraid of getting pregnant

I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant and have had severe health anxiety my whole life! I also suffer from emetophobia which was a huge factor in my delaying the pregnancy. To be honest like some other posters said it does lessen your HA to an extent. I did get morning sickness but luckily with all my years as an emetophobe I prevented actually vomiting. As far as worrying about my normal HA stuff I definitely do but for some reason it’s not heightened as much. I think because you do get seen by your doc so much it’s not as bad. I’ve had maybe two major panic attacks in my pregnancy and one was over some fears for my husband. I’ve had some minor ones and still intrusive thoughts but not as much. I say don’t let it stop you! If this is what you truly want.. you’ll regret it later if you don’t end up having babies.

Hey Ladies. I’m in the same boat. I’m a bit older (39) and my fear is just being an older pregnant woman and fearing for the worse because of the greater risks. I also feel rushed because I am older so I fear that I won’t have time to make sure I’m healthy enough for preganancy and at my preconception appointments I was feeling good but now I’m having some symptoms (likely health anxiety related) that I need to have checked out, but that will take some time and meanwhile I’m growing even older. There are just too many variables and I know I’m overthinking. If I had a chance to be a mom earlier I suppose it would be easier but these were the cards I was dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy07 View Post
    Hey Ladies. I’m in the same boat. I’m a bit older (39) and my fear is just being an older pregnant woman and fearing for the worse because of the greater risks. I also feel rushed because I am older so I fear that I won’t have time to make sure I’m healthy enough for preganancy and at my preconception appointments I was feeling good but now I’m having some symptoms (likely health anxiety related) that I need to have checked out, but that will take some time and meanwhile I’m growing even older. There are just too many variables and I know I’m overthinking. If I had a chance to be a mom earlier I suppose it would be easier but these were the cards I was dealt.

I meant to reply to this days ago, sorry,

I’m an older Mum. I had the same worries & anxieties. Young Mums have worries & anxiety too. Are you a member of any pregnancy forums? I recommend them x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information