Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piles/Hemorrhoids lots of mucus.

Piles/Hemorrhoids lots of mucus.

For a couple of months now i've had lot's of clear watery mucus when wiping after a bowel movement with no blood. Since Tuesday my bottom has a constant mucus which to be honest is actually making my boxers wet. I had to see my GP in mid Jan about a hernia i have and mentioned it then. He had a look and yep the dreaded finger insertion was done. He couldn't feel anything but gave me some suppositories anyway called proxy something. I only used them for 4 days as it was to uncomfortable. I was using anusol upto and after without much success, i've also tried germoloids with no success. Can anybody recommend anything else that's available over the counter? The only thing i can see preporationH.

I must just add i've been having lots of stomach issues and pain for the last 16 months and i've got to have more tests but they think it's possibly gallbladder. I'm worried it could be a fissure, fistula, abcess, crohns, IBD or something worse.

Cheers

Re: Piles/Hemorrhoids lots of mucus.

I found suppositories were...crap

What worked best for me was a steroid foam but it's prescription only. You insert the tip and give it a squirt. You get some leakage but it's nothing much and it was the only thing (medication wise) that seemed to do the trick for me when they were bad. The only downside is that now the Pope says I'm going to hell!!!

I used to get the seeping into underwear too. It feels like your bum is sweating.

When mine got really bad I would get soreness, itching, some blood, the "sweating" issue, etc and I would bath in warm salt water. This really did help calm down the symptoms.

I think swgrl mentioned ice packs.

If you sit for a long time, that may not help. I was in offices at the time and found the naff chairs just made the pressure on that area made the sweating & soreness worse.

Maybe loose underwear might help too. Less rubbing.

I don't know in your case, Matt, because you've got some real issues going on and I think it needs a doctor to be sure there is no connection, whether it can just be the added strain on the body, but purely in terms of piles these things might be worth a try.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 10-03-18 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I found suppositories were...crap

What worked best for me was a steroid foam but it's prescription only. You insert the tip and give it a squirt. You get some leakage but it's nothing much and it was the only thing (medication wise) that seemed to do the trick for me when they were bad. The only downside is that now the Pope says I'm going to hell!!!

I used to get the seeping into underwear too. It feels like your bum is sweating.

When mine got really bad I would get soreness, itching, some blood, the "sweating" issue, etc and I would bath in warm salt water. This really did help calm down the symptoms.

I think swgrl mentioned ice packs.

If you sit for a long time, that may not help. I was in offices at the time and found the naff chairs just made the pressure on that area made the sweating & soreness worse.

Maybe loose underwear might help too. Less rubbing.

I don't know in your case, Matt, because you've got some real issues going on and I think it needs a doctor to be sure there is no connection, whether it can just be the added strain on the body, but purely in terms of piles these things might be worth a try.

Thanks Terry. It's a total nightmare, i've lost all faith in my GP so i'm going to change. I've only stuck with him this long so i can take things further when i get treated with everythimg thats going on. It's a scary time. I will probably get a phone appt 1st because i might punch him in the face otherwise!

I've got the Lemarchand's box! Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!

I get this, though not as extensive, with my hemorrhoids. Mine have been confirmed as part of my colonoscopy about a year ago. I have IBS, and they bother me when I get really constipated. The solution in my case is to treat the constipation. My guess is that if they get to the bottom (ha, ha) of your stomach problems it will fix this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky16 View Post
    I get this, though not as extensive, with my hemorrhoids. Mine have been confirmed as part of my colonoscopy about a year ago. I have IBS, and they bother me when I get really constipated. The solution in my case is to treat the constipation. My guess is that if they get to the bottom (ha, ha) of your stomach problems it will fix this too.

Thanks for the reply Sparky. I just wish our healthcare system would sort me and itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Thanks Terry. It's a total nightmare, i've lost all faith in my GP so i'm going to change. I've only stuck with him this long so i can take things further when i get treated with everythimg thats going on. It's a scary time. I will probably get a phone appt 1st because i might punch him in the face otherwise!

I've got the Lemarchand's box! Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!
    "We'll tear your arse apart!!!"

Could you speak to a pharmacist about the piles? Our surgery tell us to see them about things like that anyway now and they will say if prescription meds or a GP is needed. Perhaps that's a way to circumvent needing a GP right now for this issue?

I would look towards natural stuff for piles as it can be helpful. At least then you are getting something whilst you are waiting to ditch the guy.

I've tried anusol and it does work but takes longer to work than the stuff you get from the GP.

Try having a sitz bath with Epsom salts, I love that stuff! I might help but also avoid alcohol and spicy food, it makes mine 10x worse! Oh and I'm totally sure stress doesn't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wubu View Post
    I've tried anusol and it does work but takes longer to work than the stuff you get from the GP.

Try having a sitz bath with Epsom salts, I love that stuff! I might help but also avoid alcohol and spicy food, it makes mine 10x worse! Oh and I'm totally sure stress doesn't help at all.
    Thanks Wubu. I'm going to try my GP. I wish i could try the Epsom salt bath, but i can't get in the bath due to back issues, i can only shower.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Thanks Wubu. I'm going to try my GP. I wish i could try the Epsom salt bath, but i can't get in the bath due to back issues, i can only shower.
    Can you sit in an elevated position? If so, maybe a bowl? You might look like someone out of a cartoon after a spicy meal but it might work.

I guess if magnesium salts help there is the option of trying a liquid form as you can rub this on. You can also get shower gels but they won't be as good for concentration in that area but I wonder if you could just use a bit to rub into that area whilst using normal gel for the rest? I would do a bit of checking on the magnesium chloride (Epsom Salts isn't as bioavailable but you can get some in spray/oil forms, it's just less popular outside of bathing) because it can sting a bit so if you are experiencing bleeding it might not be ideal (I've rubbed if into cuts by mistake and it burns).

No more posing pouches either, that string goes right up your crack.

Over here there is a gadget you can buy that you can put on your toilet that is a tiny tub for your behind. So you don't have to get in the bathtub, you just put this on the toilet, put the Epson salt water mixture in it, and sit in it. I have never used one, but I've seen them in the pharmacy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information