Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone else feel like they are actually dying during a panic attack?

Re: Does anyone else feel like they are actually dying during a panic attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcatcher71 View Post
    Its strange that during a panic attack, the panic (or what you are panicking about) seems like the 'most real' thing in the world - but later when the panic has gone, you cant understand how you could of ever felt like that?

Its strange, almost like two different levels of consciousness ...
    Strangely though, this is one of the tactics I try to use during a panic attack. Like most people I usually wake up the next morning (mine mainly happen at night) and I genuinely scratch my head about how I could possibly have gotten myself in such as state.

So now, when I am having a panic, I take a deep breath and try to hold it for a couple of seconds. Then I actually try to project myself in to the future and picture myself after the panic attack. I imagine myself feeling calm and relaxed in the morning and I actually imagine myself looking back at this panic attack, wondering why I let myself get so wound up over nothing. It does seem to help me, even if it's not a magic cure. But you're right, - it is bloody hard (impossible sometimes) to control your thinking during a strong attack.

I use a similar visualization tactic to combat my night time anxiety - I imagine myself in my bed, really snugly and warm and cozy and soundly asleep. I even imagine myself with a contented smile on my face because I'm so comfy and getting some great sleep! After a few minutes fantasizing about how cozy and comfortable I'm going to be it does really work and helps to make the prospect of going to bed less scary.

O.m.g! Yes I get these too, been having them since January they are absolutey terrifying I'm so sorry to here that use expierience these aswell bit I'm sorry to say its a relief to here I am not only person to suffer like this I've been prescribed propanolol but feel they do nothing although I feel they dnt help I still take them with the hope they may not be as bad as not taking them. I dnt know if it merely coincidence but feels as thought these really bad ones come as I am due on my period. My attacks have taken over my life and so glad I found this site as although I have a lot of support I feel nobody really knows what I am going through I felt so alone with all this as it's so overwhelming it's reassuring to know I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1980 View Post
    O.m.g! Yes I get these too, been having them since January they are absolutey terrifying I'm so sorry to here that use expierience these aswell bit I'm sorry to say its a relief to here I am not only person to suffer like this I've been prescribed propanolol but feel they do nothing although I feel they dnt help I still take them with the hope they may not be as bad as not taking them. I dnt know if it merely coincidence but feels as thought these really bad ones come as I am due on my period. My attacks have taken over my life and so glad I found this site as although I have a lot of support I feel nobody really knows what I am going through I felt so alone with all this as it's so overwhelming it's reassuring to know I am not alone.
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad you found this thread then my panics get worse when I am hormonal too.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Hello, I had my 3rd panic attack today (third in one and a half years) I take propranolol 40mg 3 times a day since the 1st one.

I was walking around a steam fair enjoying myself and feeling fine. All of a sudden the heavens opened and it rained so that we were dripping wet. This bought it on, I just could not get my breath for a good 10 minutes. I did feel like this was it, although I also knew what it was. For me its a fear of what on earth is going to happen next.

My partner says it was the shock of a drenching so quickly.

This is by far the worst symptom of a panic attack for me. The other symptoms are horrible but this is the one I can't shake off, sometimes not even for days after an attack. It has a way of lingering unlike most of the other symptoms.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidedMeditation View Post
    Impending doom feeling is the worst of all of it..I am on the same boat as you, I have been battling anxiety and panic attacks since I was about 14, so almost 10 years! Sometimes I think it would be best to just give up and die but I know its not the correct answer. It has been almost a month since my last panic attack and I used to have them almost every day!

There are a few exercises you can use to help control the panic and anxiety, they have helped out tremendously for me. They do not cure you by any means but it does help.

Take a look at <link removed>

its a good read hope I was helpful and remember that you are not alone.
    Hello Snoopy Drew, this must be at least 7+ accounts now in a month trying to direct people to your fake blog to redirect them again to the product you are selling. Is it still %59.99? What is your commission rate?

You certainly are persistent in your attempts to dupe anxiety sufferers into your product.

&
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 07-07-15 at 12:14.

I hate that after this 'I'm dying!' feeling and the panic goes away, I am left with such a strong feeling of DP/DR. It can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Anyone else get this?

Dr Claire Weekes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information