Thread: cyst removal (ladies)

cyst removal (ladies)

Anyone been through this and can reassure me? Got four cysts "there" that doctor says would be better surgically removed - something to do with creating a pocket for them to drain into or something? She said I'd be asleep but I asked if it would hurt and she said it would, for a week or so due to stitches.. Is it really that bad, what do they actually do? Seeing a gynaecologist in the next few weeks just to confirm this is actually going ahead and how they'll do it but I'm so nervous!
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Re: cyst removal (ladies)

hi DaisyCake I'm glad that you are having the cysts removed via anaesthetic. Trying to remove them yourself seemed somewhat barbaric. I have never had this type of surgery but I have had several gynae operations serious and minor and investigations. You'll be fine. It will be better for you and easier to wash etc once they have been removed. Will it be day case surgery? EJ.

Re: cyst removal (ladies)

Definitely! I think so - not sure though, GP didn't seem very sure herself - to be honest I am hoping they can do it by local as opposed to a general, I hate the thought of someone poking around while I'm fast asleep and unaware of what they're doing, if that makes sense!! x
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Thread Information