Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Success Stories Please post your successes here to motivate others and aid with their recovery. It is always nice to see people doing so well so come back and tell us how you are.

Old 18-07-16, 20:42

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
I am the chairman of my local cavy (guinea pig) club and we hold 4 shows per year. I couldn't go to the last one in April because I wasn't feeing well enough with my anxiety. Today was our summer show and BBQ and I was determined to go otherwise my anxiety will have won again.

I got up at 5.30am, got dressed, jumped into my car and got to the show venue before I could change my mind. Had a great day with the guinea pigs, a lovely BBQ lunch and a good gossip with all my friends and other members of the committee. I've just got home and although I'm exhausted I feel proud that I managed to go and for once have an anxiety free day.

No doubt it will be back to remind me who's boss tomorrow lol, but today I stuck two fingers up to the b****** and I feel great about that!
Well done! Mojo! I bow to your cavy queendom! I'm a huge cavy lover too and have just nursed one of my boys through a nasty bladder stone removal.. I'm so pleased you managed to get to the show-anxiety can take a back seat when you are finally able to enjoy yourself and let go.

Fishman and flipp, well done to you both for your successes!
Old 19-07-16, 06:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
Hahaha!!!! That would be an interesting sight Terry!

No, they are divided into their different breeds - believe it or not there are around 50 different breeds/types, and each one has its own standard on which it is judged. After they have gone through the different stages of the competition an overall "Best in Show" pig is chosen and receives the top prize.

It's all very competitive and exciting - if you like guinea pigs lol
Sounds like Piggy Crufts! (do people run around the arena with them? )

I didn't know there were breeds, let alone 50! When I see them in Pets At Home, my knowledge is limited to picking out a smooth one vs. a fluffy one!
Old 19-07-16, 14:09
Intermediate Member

I once 'inherited' two white, short haired guinea pigs from my daughter after they became a chore for the said family member. I was surprised at how upset I was when they died after a good few years.
Old 08-12-16, 14:24

Today I got up and delivered some rewarding tutorials (at least I hope they were, I certainly felt there was a good connection!) and tonight I'm going to help my parents work their iPhones! Mum has been up all night worrying that she won't know how to use it, lol - wonder where I get my anxiety from?!!! Determined to keep busy and keep moving forward even when things don't feel ideal.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Ps Love a guinea pig!!
Old 08-12-16, 14:47

Posted my Christmas cards. Took me ages and I may have sent twice to the same people!
Old 12-12-16, 11:28

What do you do when nothing makes you feel proud ?
Old 10-01-17, 20:41

I simply just want to watch movies and listen to music
Old 11-01-17, 00:09
Intermediate Member

1) Helped people amongst multiple forums
2) ate lunch without being anxious afterwards
3) managed to reassure myself from a really really silly fear almost instantly
x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Old 11-01-17, 00:13
Intermediate Member

Dealt with my preschooler's respiratory virus (which includes a high fever) without scaring him or overreacting. In fact, I've just kept him busy and comfortable all day, playing board games, watching cartoons. It is hard not to panic, but I have to remind myself, I've been through this with him before, it's a common cold, etc. His fevers frighten me, though. All of my children run very high fevers, up to 103 or so, even with minor illnesses.
Old 12-01-17, 02:56

Not drank one drop of beer this year and feel all the better for it.

Tags
feel, make, proud, today