Thread: phone call 2 hours after MRI

phone call 2 hours after MRI

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Had symptoms for nearly a year now, starting in pregnancy- twitching, tremors, jerking of limbs, pain down limbs and spine. Had a clear EMG and nerve conduction about 6 months back as was scared i had a horrible neurological disorder. Doctor arranged an MRI on my spine. I had it today and I received a phone call off my doctor's receptionist today 2 hours after giving me an appointment for friday. The receptionist said she didnt know what it was about. I am so worried as 2 hours is very fast to get a phone call, as the radiographer would have had to type up notes then send them to the doctor. However, surely if it was something as serious as cancer I would have to go to the doctors straight away and not wait until friday? I am anxious which is making symptoms worse.

thanks for any replies, don't know what to think.

p.s i am female, aged 22 with 8 month old son.

Re: phone call 2 hours after MRI

Hi LRD Usually test results are about 1 week after, not sure why your dr's receptionist would call so soon after the scan unless it's just for good news on the results Think if it was serious they would have got you in sooner than Friday Results in some practices can be sent via email and not snail mail. So for now try not to worry and think everything is ok And good luck, let us know what happens on Friday Cheers

Hi bigboyuk,

Thanks for your reply, I am just a bit confused as after my test they said I will get the results within 2 weeks only to get a phone call 2 hours after saying I need an appointment with my GP. As they know my history of anxiety I think they should have told me what it was regarding. I like to consider my anxiety under control so i am trying not to worry. My doctors don't make appointments when the tests are clear they just send a letter. I have been seeing my doctor about suspected thyroid issues so maybe it is to do with that. I will let you know on friday, wish it was sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by LRD View Post
    Hi bigboyuk,

Thanks for your reply, I am just a bit confused as after my test they said I will get the results within 2 weeks only to get a phone call 2 hours after saying I need an appointment with my GP. As they know my history of anxiety I think they should have told me what it was regarding. I like to consider my anxiety under control so i am trying not to worry. My doctors don't make appointments when the tests are clear they just send a letter. I have been seeing my doctor about suspected thyroid issues so maybe it is to do with that. I will let you know on friday, wish it was sooner.
    Hi LRD I know at my surgery if you have had tests done they will ring to make appointment to see the dr to discuss the results so seems to me as they know your history of anxiety they are booking you in earlier so you don't have to wait a full 2 weeks which is good of them some surgeries differ at the way they do things! Like you say could be about your thyroid issues Ok and you will be fine Cheers

Hi

Did you see your GP?

How did you get on?

x

Thread Information