Thread: Automatic talking feeling.

Automatic talking feeling.

Anyone else have this?

When I speak it feels too automatic. Like I know what I'm gonna say. But then it just comes out of my mouth. I have no idea how i'm forming the words and am questioning what muscles i'm using to make them.

It feels like i don't actually know how to talk but somehow i am anyway. It feels like I should think a lot more about it before i say it, but I don't and therefore it just can't be me controlling it. Have no idea how I am able to combine several shapes with several different parts of my mouth.

Don't know if this makes any sense to anyone, just wanted to share to see if I could get some logic out of what is going on here.

Re: Automatic talking feeling.

I get this really often, I simply call it overthinking about speaking x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

I've booked an appointment for talking therapy, but how am I meant to talk if that's the exact thing that's affecting me! Grrr.

Flip it on its head.

You don't have a problem with talking. Your problem is simply you've made the process of talking your obsession.

We do a lot on autopilot. Talking too at times. Don't stress it.

I literally had this for months because I kept thinking of it, I use to feel like I was on autopilot for like a year because I wouldn't stop thinking about it

It's very strange. It's at the point where I don't get how other people are not thinking this about their speech and general movements, and how I never used to think it. It's funny how it makes no sense now, but did back then.

Why would it NOT be automatic?

Thanks for that. It might help as there are some words that are hard to pronounce, so it might get me understanding how I am talking.

It's a very strange feeling, a child could tell you how they are able to talk yet I can't. Recently I've felt like I have two different personalities, the one in my head and the one in the outer world. I can't fathom how there's actually a guy, apparently me who is communicating with people. Everything I say, I have no feeling towards and don't even seem to think about what I'm saying. There seems to be no meaning behind it. Not only that, I'm analysing every word in a sentence. How was I able to put all these words together so automatically? What does that word mean and how was I able to put it next to that word?

I'm not convinced people are real, if I'm real. Half the time I think I'm just a different blank canvas of a person in my head. Situations seem too coincidental or just not right somehow. Anyway, I'll shut up. Ramble over.

Hello, just wanted to let you know that I can really relate to this! I get it too, I hear my voice and wonder how it's coming out of me, if/how I understand the words and then when other people speak I don't know how I understand them, how do the words mean anything. I also constantly worry I'm not real/alive x

Thread Information