Thread: Incredibly, I'm hardly anxious these days!

Incredibly, I'm hardly anxious these days!

A couple of years ago I was so anxious that I was shaking most of the time.

These days, I can be so calm that I can shoot off emails really quickly because I'm not agonising over whether I'm saying the right thing or not. This was impossible to do when I was very anxious or depressed.

Today I sent out loads of emails - I was so productive. I couldn't have done this a couple of years ago. I've changed so much.

It affects how I write, for sure. It was such an impossible situation to be in - when I was anxious, I couldn't make the tone of my emails warm, or succinct - anxiety and depression seriously affected my articulation, and ability to recall words. I also wasn't able to take things in or recall memories as easily as normal. It seriously affected my productivity, which affected my self esteem, because so much of my self esteem is tied into how productive I am at work.

Today, and now, I'm not depressed or anxious. I experience sadness and worry probably a healthy amount now. Isn't that incredible? To go from totally suicidal to this in a couple of years. I'm really proud of how far I've come, and how much positive change I've made in myself. All that time I spent, all the effort I spent, trying to make constructive change has paid off, even though it looked like I wasn't making progress at the time.

I urge you to keep going - keep proactively nurturing yourself, and helping yourself along the path in the direction that you want to change. Love yourself for who you are now, at the same time. Form good habits. These will take you where you want to go.

Love xx

Re: Incredibly, I'm hardly anxious these days!

This was lovely to read I will definitely get my OH to have a read later, so inspiring

Hi lior, yes I remember how ill you were and how much you struggled, you have done amazingly well and it's lovely to hear that you are so positive now.

ISB ☺ x

So glad to hear that. I hope one day I can get like that too. Thanks for wonderful story.

Awesome to hear that. So there is hope for all us. I truly wish you continue happiness and anxiety free. One day hope to be as well.

Glad to hear that you have overcome anxiety! Thanks for the encouragement!

Lior,

I remember you too and I've seen how you've changed. I remember how much despair there was in your posts and how much you needed help, the ups & downs, family pressures, adjusting to work again and the challenges that brought.

I think you've done great!

You take a lot on too. That's a damn good test of how far you have got as the stress could have pushed you back.

I've found that whilst you are so committee, you have goals that inspire you based on your values. I suspect that the power of wanting to do things and empowerment by your own hand has played a very significant part in your recovery.

All the best for the future.

Well done so nice to see people getting through this!

Thread Information