Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hi everyone, I am not new to the forums but I am pretty new to posting only reaching out to others this past few months I have always kept to myself but now i thought its time to introduce myself.

If i go into everything I will be here for hours writing my life story but after battling with depressing and panic attacks after my wife passed away my doctor finally sent me to a psychiatrist who told me I have extreme anxiety and panic disorder putting me on lifetime medication which seems to stabilize it somewhat but nothings perfect, I have pretty much been abandoned by everyone and becoming agoraphobic and not leaving the house for over 10 years now has destroyed my life, I get no help anymore as the places that used to give me help have all been closed or I am still on waiting lists, my memory is not what it used to be and I am finding it more and more difficult to try and be sociable even online.

I love the forum its helped me a lot over the years just to help keep me semi stable and I though it was time to say hi, so hi.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Meowsters and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi everyone

Good morning Meowsters. Glad to see that NMP has helped you already. First let me say, sorry for your loss, death is always hard especially when it's a spouse, child, or parent. Those relationships are hard to recover from, but you do have the fortitude to keep coming back and seeking help.

My best advice would be keep doing what your doing. Despite your feelings of isolation you are reaching out right here, and that's a start. As for myself I live in a strange land among strangers (23 years in rural America) (I was a city boy the first 35 or so years). They still ask me why I'm here. My point is by posting to the forum you want to improve and feel better despite the years of isolation Meowsters.

So keep doing what you're doing and tell your story. We are a pretty non-judgemental bunch of misfits here, so let your thoughts and feeling flow. It's all we can do work to be "normal" and be happy with ourselves. Hope these words help Meowsters and remember NMP is here.

Re: Hi everyone

Hi Meowsters! I'm sorry to hear what happened in your life. Life can be cruel and the fact that you kept going deserve praise. I do hope your situation does improve as this forum has some great advice.

On the topic of advice, I do think you should get a journal and just write out your story. You don't need to share it with anyone but getting it on paper can help get some things off your chest. The loss, the loneliness and the challenges in life can be overwhelming and venting them through non-violent means can help. Sometimes, revisiting the past to defeat an old demon can do wonders on allowing you to focus more on the present and the future.

Then, you can try making a list of things you want to do. I know it's hard to go outside but there are probably things you still want to complete that were dreams earlier in your life. The road to recovery isn't easy and being abandoned by everyone made it worse. Remember that we on the forum are here if you need us.

I hope your days improve! PM me if you ever need someone to chat with.

Thread Information