Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Re: Does anyone else have a serious fear of blood tests? NOT the needle

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Non-smokers get lung cancer also........if you smoke 1 or 100 you are still at high risk
    True every body has cancer cells in their body and lie dormant for years some will get others wont you need to take stock of your self if you are still unsure see your Dr and get all the tests possible done. Think you have too much time on your hands so you mind is in overdrive. Do something constructive with your time Seeking help (which you are) Taking advice and moving on I already have phoned Changes and plan to make appointment etc and you??
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 21-01-17 at 15:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Think you have too much time on your hands so you mind is in overdrive. Do something constructive with your time
    Hence why you are on here as you have so much time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    I have been reading again this morning, ridiculous, checking age statistics for lung cancer and my age, regardless of age Lung cancer is very possible in my case, this is genuinely freaking me out, I am a smoker so it is very very possible plus this whole darn shoulder thing is making it worse now.

Sorry just freaking out this side!
    Ok..not sure what else I can say. It's a bloody nightmare, that much I know as am struggling too.

Just do whatever you can to push for more help for this anxiety as it will send your brain into overdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal17 View Post
    Ok..not sure what else I can say. It's a bloody nightmare, that much I know as am struggling too.

Just do whatever you can to push for more help for this anxiety as it will send your brain into overdrive.
    Thanks

We are all struggling to get better that's for sure so I am making steps in that direction

Also - don't look up cancer statistics FFS!!!!! I did that a few years ago, what happens is the anxiety part of your brain only sees each percentage or number as a 'positive' representation that you could be one of them!

So if a brain tumour (for example) is 3 people in every 1000 you instantly believe that you are one of those 3.

We can't look at things like that rationally, please stop yourself doing it I promise you no good will come of it. Go back to GP monday, mention the shoulder pain and cough and say you're really struggling to cope with your thoughts.

Go back to GP monday, mention the shoulder pain and cough and say you're really struggling to cope with your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Earliest I could get is Jan 31st.. will have to wait.

Does your surgery do book on the day appointments? If not maybe just try to get through things one day at a time I know it's a cliche but that mindset can help.

Hopefully this cough and pain will go asap.

That's a very long wait in my book. My surgery is very similar you could ask if there is a cancelation to fit you in before that I do hope you can get your problem sorted Iam sorry for the min out burst earlier Cheers

Kay I struggle with my cancer phobia too. Every niggle / symptom and I think 'cancer' straight away. This week I've had terrible migraines with neck stiffness and dizziness (brain tumour) problems with my cycle (ovarian cancer) and possible bowel cancer. But I know, deep down, these things are very unlikely.
    Basically what I'm saying is, for us health anxiety sufferers, we believe every little thing to be cancer. But we can't live like this because we are just wasting our lives. One day, we May get cancer, sadly the statistics are high, but this is more likely to be when we are much older , and we will have wasted all our cancer free years worrying about it rather than living !
    I would try and stay away from the Dr unless it's to chat about your mental health. Try and speak to others e.g. Family/friends about your symptoms who may be able to empathise and tell you it's normal (e.g. Persistent cough after a cold) before rushing off to the GP and being in the cycle of reassurance again.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information