Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: relapse

Re: relapse

I have months of total normality and then it hits and lasts for at least six weeks with real constant adrenaline.

I'm not a worrier and I never really get low. Except at the sheer level of agitation.

This anxiety is so the opposite of me. I'm usually pretty easy going but when it hits nothing is easy. Hate it so much.

Do u get low

Jacqueline, could I ask why you are on fluoxetine if you are normally relatively stable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline7 View Post
    I'm on propanolol and fluoxetine.

I think it's like every aid. It helps but when your going to relapse it's gna happen. That's my experience.

Spend my whole day trying to let it be but just get so tired and overcome. Y the intensity

What do u take
    Jacqueline
    sounds very like me,
    i take mirtazapine and pregabalin

God pulisa I'm not sure. Perhaps because the bad times r very strong. And they last weeks. Then I'll be fine and I imagine it's just fun it's course and all my tools to help it start to kick in. I imagined the fluoxetine is one of those tools. Would u suggest something else

Jacqueline

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Run it's. Course sorry

Yes, I get low moods. I also am a worrier and do overthink. I tend to go in cycles, a few weeks bad, a few weeks good. Currently on Citrolpram 20mg.

Only thing I'd say about fluxotine is I thought it was one of the more activating SSRI's. that said if it's worked for you or helps your GP knows better than me I'm sure.

I wouldn't dare suggest anything else as I'm not a medic but fluoxetine can be an activating drug and a lot of people can't tolerate it. I certainly couldn't but I can't take any SSRIs. But you seem to have been fine on fluoxetine outside of these agitation episodes and at least you know that this will pass and you will go back to feeling stable.

It's just heartbreaking that it's so strong when it comes. Years ago it was constant. But a mix of yoga Claire weekes and the meds now seem to give me peace. I yet fall completely apart.

I have five kids and such a busy life but when this hits I want to crawl into a corner and not move. Can't when u have kids so I spend each second wishing it away but then trying to accept. It's as if your body is attacking itself

Pulisa do u get breaks between this. How do u. Cope

No I'm used to living with agitation. Meds make it worse and as I'm a carer for my autistic daughter I just do as best I can and take each day as it comes. I also have an eating disorder so this complicates things.

You'll get back to your normal self soon, Jacqueline. Try not to get too angry with the agitation? It'll make things worse for you.

U r so right. Frustration heightens it so much. I too suffered anorexia in my twenties but fully recovered.

Do u ever get peace from your agitation. So hard isn't it.

Do u have any time for yourself to help get better

I have periods of weeks, sometimes months with no issues at all, then bang, the agitation is back which also has knock on effect of feeling depressed, this can last for few weeks then lifts again. It's hard for people to understand that it is a way different feeling of anxiety/agitation than what is "normal" anxiety

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information