Thread: We heal when we stop holding onto the injury

We heal when we stop holding onto the injury

I found this forum during one of the lowest points in my life. I had spent two weeks in tears, unable to sleep or eat. Looking for answers on the internet and I found NMP. I was anxious all of my life and thought that was just me. I'm an artist, female and had crappy life experience (who hasn't) I just thought I was a super sensitive person. I chatted here in the chat room, read other posts and met wonderful people here. A shout out to Bill and his posts on GAD board. I tried Zoloft (sertraline) and had horrible side effects, I stuck it out for 20 days. I continued to seek advice here. I don't feel comfortable giving advice, but will support anyone. I no longer have anxiety. I told my doctor and she was like that's great. I don't think she understood, I have never felt like this. No more rushing around like I'm running late, no more heart palpitations, no "what if" questions spinning in my brain. I don't know if I'm "cured", all I know is that I feel so much better. I am do wonder if anxiety will rear it's ugly head, I hope not. Whoever thought of this forum really had an excellent idea. There are so many other boards that you have to answer questions, fill out profiles,and the posts are years old! Keep up the good work. Thank you!

We heal when we stop holding onto the injury.

I found that posted on facebook and felt that it applied to all forms of anxiety.

Re: We heal when we stop holding onto the injury

That's very inspirational Snowghost.
    Life is for living and no matter how hard life may seem, you must keep that in mind.
    I'm really pleased the Forum has helped you. x

Thank you Carnation, I meant every word of it.

Good to hear you have done so well making progress, Snowghost. I hope things continue well for you.

I still have my down days. I'm fortunate enough to have a room mate that understands and we talk about it. I just hate it that sometimes I get into my own head and my thoughts start to swirl and I get sucked into the gloom and doom thinking.

The other day I took my grandchildren to a church cook out and saw a man in a wheel chair. His hands were curled and had to be fed by his wife. I thought to myself we have so much to be thankful for and we should appreciate what we have.

I know anxiety is a evil beast, I am determined to fight it when it tries to swoop over me.

This forum and the friends I have made have been more help then any of you realize.

Thread Information