Thread: Care Coordinator says it's anxiety, but...

Care Coordinator says it's anxiety, but...

It's no secret to me that I have issues with dissociation. I have borderline, and dissociation is a big symptom for me. But this feels different; possibly because I feel like my care coordinator has just dismissed it out of hand - "It sounds like you had an anxiety attack"

It was Tuesday and I got the train to meet my mum, we went to an exhibition and had lunch. I can't recall a trigger that would have set off any anxiety for me, but because of the dissociation I really don't remember much anyway. It scares me when I'm like that. I do stupid stuff when I'm like that.

I have hardly any recollection of the day. I remember getting the train home. My husband got back from work around 6pm and I was telling him all about how I could "hear them spying on me" through the home security system, and he tells me I seemed drunk, that I was speaking very meekly and was very withdrawn. He spoke to my CC on Weds about it, and that's when she told him it sounded like a panic attack, but I'm just not convinced.

So I suppose my question is - does this sound familiar to you? Have you experienced an anxiety attack like this? Especially one without a trigger? How do I manage this if it really is anxiety?

Thanks for reading, I know that was quite wordy!

Polka

Re: Care Coordinator says it's anxiety, but...

Hi Polka,

I would suggest you get a second opinion from a doctor, especiall given the conditions you mentioned in your welcome thread.

The paranoia about being spied on, lack of memory, outward appearance of drunkiness and differing speech seems more like an episode associated with your disorders.

Anxiety attacks can have subtle triggers but your lack of memory suggests dissociation. Added to the other symptoms, it seems less like DP/DR to me.

Thread Information