Thread: Agoraphobia much better

Agoraphobia much better

I've had it for all my adult life, started at 13. I just forgot about it and let it take over me. But now with help from my CBT program and therapist I had earlier this year, I've been able to commit to going 4 days a week for 3 months now. A world record for me! I couldn't even go to school 3 days a week!

Initially we set out for 7 days a week. I had just been noting down the days I've been out or not on my calendar and I checked and counted the days last night and its been 4 days a week. I just decided I needed to quit indulging in so much isolation and that I want the rest of my life to be different.

Re: Agoraphobia much better

That is awesome to here Bee! We can win against our silly brains, it just takes a lot of hard work! Gets better every day!

Quote Originally Posted by snowghost57 View Post
    That is awesome to here Bee! We can win against our silly brains, it just takes a lot of hard work! Gets better every day!
    Awww thank you so much! I cannot believe I've actually posted in the success category like what am I doing here??!

I can remember being 23 back in 2008 and hand on heart believing this agoraphobia was just part of my own unique DNA coding and that I was different from other people who were born normal with better genes. People don't need to define themselves by anything at all.

You are absolutely right! I think the biggest thing that stands out in my mind while on my journey of beating anxiety is just WOW! Our brains can be our friends, it just takes work, work, work and it does get better, I believe it. You deserve to be here and so does everyone else!

Well done, Bee!!!

It's never anything but rock solid hard to tackle fears. Any progress should always be seen for the improvement it brings.

My GF suffered depression many years ago. She nearly failed her degree because she wasn't eating or going out to lectures. She had no support back then and she said there just came a point where she was sick of it all and fought back.

It's damn hard though!

I remember when I was really bad, I didn't think I would get even a little better. I thought that was my life. I can look back now and know it was just the battering of symptoms and my thoughts and it wasn't reflective of reality. An ex member on here who has recovered used to always say the same, it's not reality now no matter how bad you feel, it will change.

I'm so glad you can see that. It will only motivate you!

Bee excellent news taking baby steps too have proved helpful for you! it can only get better! So well done for achieving thiskeep up the good work Cheers

Well done Bee that's great news keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll be exactly where want to be in the not to distant future

Thanks everyone

Thread Information