Thread: Can I take Fluoxetine at night?

Can I take Fluoxetine at night?

Everywhere I've read says to take it in the morning but I am on 20mg of Fluoxetine and take it every morning around 10.00am. I then spend the rest of the day in a completely tired haze and could quite easily sleep all day but then I spend the night waking up all night. I was wondering as I'm so tired during the day could I not take it at night as then I would hopefully be able to sleep which I'm not doing well at the moment.

Re: Can I take Fluoxetine at night?

You can normally if your doctor agrees, but people do find that if they take it at night they can't sleep, I find that it perks me up a bit in the morning so I take mine in the morning and have changed my work hours so that by the time that I am practically asleep at my desk its almost time to go home. Its also worth noting that the tiredness does subside with time, I have been taking the fluoxetine for 6 months now and I feel alot less tired in the day than I did when I started on it.

Hey Cat80

I used to take my tabs in the evening before i went to bed and only really swapped to the mornings as thats what most people recommended....it didn't affect my sleep at all taking them at night but thats just my personal experience.....i guess all you can do is try it for a few days and see how you go.....Good luck my lovely, let us know how you are doing x

Thanks for the replies.

I had another night of really restless sleep, waking on and off all night and laying there for ages. I'm lucky if I'm getting 5 hours in total at the moment then I spend all day not being able to move because I feel so tired and drugged up and sick. I'm only on 20mg so don't get why I feel so bad. It.s 4 weeks on Monday since I started the tablets and my Dr said the side effects would be gone within a month but no sign of them going anywhere yet. Don't think I can carry on like this. Anxiety isn't improving which is why I was given these tablets in the first place. Also can't get a Dr's appointment as she's all booked up and new appointments are on the system till sometime next week, so annoying.

Thread Information