Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just signed in!

Just signed in!

Hi all.

Really glad to find a place like this. Came across it yesterday and just reading some of the posts made me realise that I'm not alone or going mad!

Things get me down sometimes because t feels that I have no control over my thought patterns and my brain goes off in the opposite direction that I want it to and I end up in this world of panic.

These feeling have only really been a problem for me over the last 6 months or so. My mother died last September and I never really dealt with it at the time. Then in January of this year my wife and I split up and it's really been since I've realised that we are not going to get back together that I've been feeling like this.

I've been to see my GP and although she was very understanding she wasn't much help. She offered me some kind of medication, which I declined. She then suggested that I start taking St John's Wort which I have been doing for about a month. I've also been seeing a private psychotherapists but I can't really see it going anywhere with her so I thinking about finding a new one (anyone know a good one in or around Cambridge).

Take care

Hi Parker and welcome.

My anxiety started a couple of years after my marriage break up.

Maybe we'll catch you in the chatroom sometime.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi parker
    welcome to the site
    you will find lots of help and advice here.
    take care
    michelle xxx

Welcome aboard!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Parker

A great big welcome to the site you will get loads of help and support here

LuV Barb xxxxx

Hello Parker

**reading some of the posts made me realise that I'm not alone or going mad!***

What a relief when you figure out its not just you eh...

THink carefully and do some research on what therapy you want/ need if you are going to pay for it yourself..

If your initial trigger was grief both from Mum and then from your split up you may find it beneficial to try to address that first.

'Cruse' is the national charity for bereavement and do free at home or at office counselling and can do wonders. They like a donation if possible.

As far as panic is concerned that is the result of emotional pint pot too full syndrome and has a great chance of easing once you can get through the grief.

Also, think about what trains of thoughts lead you to panic - it may be facing being left alone , or your own or others mortality...

You may not need anything as complex as psychotherapy so start simple by looking after your needs and health.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Parker

this forum is fantastic, it has given me loads of advice and everyones very friendly.

maybe catch ya in the chatroom sometime

Take care

Kazo xxx

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Meg -

Wise words. I feel a lot of guilt with regards to my Mums death. She died from cancer after a long struggle. The thing is I never took it that seriously, I convinced myself that she would get better and of course she never did. My sister took the brunt of the illness - she's a nurse so she would comfort my Mum when in a lot of pain, administer her pain relief etc. In the final week my sister called me to say Mum really wasn't very well but even then I still convinced myself she would be OK.

With regards to the split from my wife I think you've hit the nail on the head with " it may be facing being left alone". I don't really miss her as a person and I wasn't happy in the relationship as things were. But now it's like S**t, I'm 31 years old, getting older and grayer by the day and now I'm by myself.

I've moved in with my Dad (who's been absolutely fantastic) but I know I can't stay there forever. I just wish I could think straight so I can move on.

There you go... Don't think you need expensive psychotherapy right now.

You need to sort out your emotions and how those losses leave you feeling and how you can overcome both of them.

I bet your Dad likes the company, How is your relationship with your sister now ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    WELCOME

Hi Parker,

Have you though about just approaching your gp and asking for a different councellor?

Wish you all the best and maybe speak to you in chat.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information