Thread: i thought i had depression and anxiety,i have every symptom of social anxiety

Question i thought i had depression and anxiety,i have every symptom of social anxiety

im currently takng mirtazapine which chills me right out but im still getting those paronoid thoughts .i push myself into social situations.im starting to wonder if im on the wrong drug,i no a lot of people are against drugs but beleive me ive tried everything else.Im now wondering if there are certain antidepessents for social anxiety????

Re: i thought i had depression and anxiety,i have every symptom of social anxiety

Hi Shelly,

People who argue against anti depressants usually have the worst arguments if you actually listen to them. Most of them think it's like the illegal drugs that get you high or something. Or they try to say they make you weak, but they are just to try to get you back to normal. I have done the anti depressant swapping thing, I tried all these other pills, gained heaps of weight, had all these emotional roller coasters & ended up back on the ones I was on nearly in the first place because they were the best of them. They had made me feel uncomfortable at first because I felt different, but now I like them. I'm not telling you what to do, it's just what I did.

Anti depressants are just putting chemicals into your brain that should be there in the first place, but are missing or depleted. If your tablets are helping you to be more brave and talk to people, that's really excellent. We aren't supposed to be afraid to socialize anyway. It's this irrational thing that I think everyone here is trying to overcome.

I think it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you to make some good friends if you are feeling brave, instead of shying away from life.

Of course that's only my 2 cents. Do what's right for you.

Melody

Wink Re: i thought i had depression and anxiety,i have every symptom of social anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    Hi Shelly,

People who argue against anti depressants usually have the worst arguments if you actually listen to them. Most of them think it's like the illegal drugs that get you high or something. Or they try to say they make you weak, but they are just to try to get you back to normal. I have done the anti depressant swapping thing, I tried all these other pills, gained heaps of weight, had all these emotional roller coasters & ended up back on the ones I was on nearly in the first place because they were the best of them. They had made me feel uncomfortable at first because I felt different, but now I like them. I'm not telling you what to do, it's just what I did.

Anti depressants are just putting chemicals into your brain that should be there in the first place, but are missing or depleted. If your tablets are helping you to be more brave and talk to people, that's really excellent. We aren't supposed to be afraid to socialize anyway. It's this irrational thing that I think everyone here is trying to overcome.

I think it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you to make some good friends if you are feeling brave, instead of shying away from life.

Of course that's only my 2 cents. Do what's right for you.

Melody
    Hi I suffer from Anxiety and Depression with associatied socail Anxiety, My GP put me on Citalopram 4)mg it seems to work well for me on all fronts but certainly helps with the social anxiety,I tried CBT but no good for me, if chemicals work then use them, we only get one shot at this life game lets do all we can to enjoy it.

Re: i thought i had depression and anxiety,i have every symptom of social anxiety

Read about pyroluria, it causes social anxiety and depression and is easily remedied. Hope this helps.

Chrislot I'd love to chat with you more if you would ive had social anxiety 3 years and I need to be cured I'm already doing a lot to treat pyroluria but could do with advice if you'd be willing to help? id love to email you. cheers

Thread Information