Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Today I am proud of some work that I accomplished. It does feel like an accomplishment - a good draft of a 60 page toolkit. I'm hoping to get some good feedback and considered edits from the team.

I can see that I am learning to work very fast. Not perfect standards, but pretty good. I am proud of the work that I produce. I put a lot of effort into acquiring the skills I have. It's a pleasure to do something useful with my skills.

Got out of my funk and applied for a few jobs, my brain made me quit my teaching job at Christmas but my brain forgot I have two children, rent, an ex wife and that I cant claim anything because I quit!!

Went for a jog. First time in a couple weeks. Also, did my taxes a few days ago, which made me anxious, but at least they're done.

I went to Edinburgh for 3 days and didn't take one panic attack or even have a hint of anxiety. I never even noticed until on the way home we stopped in at Braehead shopping centre which we hadn't been to in over 4 years since my panic attacks and agoraphobia stopped me from going into shopping centres. Also proud that I went on the motorways and not the back roads. I still don't like motorways though.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

I took the first step and went to the doctors to seek help for social and (currently) general anxiety. Scared as hell to take the tablets and have to wait 2 weeks to start counselling but baby steps....

Quote Originally Posted by lanzorj1 View Post
    I took the first step and went to the doctors to seek help for social and (currently) general anxiety. Scared as hell to take the tablets and have to wait 2 weeks to start counselling but baby steps....
    Well done on making the first step The first step is usually the hardest. That's good you only have to wait a fortnight to start counselling. Usually it takes a few months or sometimes up to a year to be seen

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

Mum let me design her wedding cake and that's all it booked in for April! Just hope she likes it. She wants to keep it a surprise until the day. No pressure on me then, eh?! Lol

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

Dr Claire Weekes.

I'm proud that I spoke openly with my housemates about my problems. I showed my vulnerability and that meant that they could be a bit more open with me.

I confronted one of my lovers about her acting like an ice queen. (Didn't use that phrase.) She ignored it when I said some nice things by text... acted like she hadn't seen it, and stuck to that when I called her out. Don't know how she could miss that... and even though she would have now seen it, she still can't find anything nice to say. It's reminding me a lot of my mum and her inability to be affectionate. So it's hard for me. So - I'm proud of myself for not just taking it, but being assertive and speaking out about what's hurting me, even if it can't be resolved - I'm talking about how I feel to make something positive happen if it's possible.

1)Pushed myself to drive today and yesterday with someone in the car.
    2)Shopped in 3 stores without a panic (pushed myself to leave house as i really didn't feel up to it.
    3)Stuck to healthy foods, other than indulging in chocolate oatmeal cookies (but i figured i needed a reward anyway!)

Great, anxious mind, on the driving! I also did that today with my son and attended church..... in panic mode mostly, but I didn't run out like I have done before. Also, went to a friend's house for dinner and stayed till half-time.

Been feeling quite down and anxious for about a week now and was pretty much just moping around the flat feeling sorry for myself but today I decided to make a challenge chart again and that reminded me that I've been here before and I'll get out of it again. maybe even in a few days and this gives me something to do other than lounging around the flat

Dr Claire Weekes.

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread Information