Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atos Medical Examination

Re: Atos Medical Examination

if the doctors starts all that bullying just tell him to and report him
    have some one with you to
    good luck mate

Thanks guys. Your kind words have helped me weigh the pros and cons.

I will stand my ground - I wasn't telling an untruth in my letter to them - why should I back down. I know my doctor will do his best to support me. Hopefully it will be enough.

I have been called for 2 of these medicals.

Each time my doctor wrote a letter to say that I had agoraphobia and would not be able to attend.

So I did not have to attend and my payments carried on.

I hate to say it but saying you have a phobia of all things medical won't hold much weight with Atos or the benefit office. You will need to attend and see a doctor Phobia or not. The doctor can then back up your claim.They certainly won't take the words of neighbours.After all they could say anything you ask them to, genuine or not.

Hard as it may sound there is some common sense logic in it.Anyone could say that they cannot attend due to having a Phobia.If there was no actual proof then everybody could use it and render the whole thing useless.

I am not being unsympathetic.But just applying a little bit of logic. I suffer from severe depression which causes violent mood swings. I take medication everyday for this.I still have bouts where I get angry and smash things and in certain cases people as well.I have an interview shortly with Atos. I intend to fully warn them that if the interview causes me stress I am liable to lose my temper.I have heard it is yes and no questions. Well I have no intention of being a puppet to an ill advised idiot treating me like a monkey.Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sladedestiny View Post
    I hate to say it but saying you have a phobia of all things medical won't hold much weight with Atos or the benefit office. You will need to attend and see a doctor Phobia or not. The doctor can then back up your claim.They certainly won't take the words of neighbours.After all they could say anything you ask them to, genuine or not.

Hard as it may sound there is some common sense logic in it.Anyone could say that they cannot attend due to having a Phobia.If there was no actual proof then everybody could use it and render the whole thing useless.

I am not being unsympathetic.But just applying a little bit of logic. I suffer from severe depression which causes violent mood swings. I take medication everyday for this.I still have bouts where I get angry and smash things and in certain cases people as well.I have an interview shortly with Atos. I intend to fully warn them that if the interview causes me stress I am liable to lose my temper.I have heard it is yes and no questions. Well I have no intention of being a puppet to an ill advised idiot treating me like a monkey.Good luck!
    Your doctor has to fax ATOS a letter saying that due to (your medical condition) you are unable to travel to a medical and will require one at home.

Then, you will be visited at home for your medical.

P.S. I put in a complaint about my last home medical as he was incompetent, couldn't even speak English well enough to find my home from just up the road, ignored medical evidence I showed him, etc.

Seems as though we are all in a similar situation at the moment, mine(medical) is on the 19th of November and it is constantly on my mind! Why would someone who wasn't genuine really put themselves through all this. The form was enough to give me a panic attack, I was ill for days.
    I sympathise with you.

BobbyDog

Quote Originally Posted by eight days a week View Post
    Your doctor has to fax ATOS a letter saying that due to (your medical condition) you are unable to travel to a medical and will require one at home.

Then, you will be visited at home for your medical.

P.S. I put in a complaint about my last home medical as he was incompetent, couldn't even speak English well enough to find my home from just up the road, ignored medical evidence I showed him, etc.

Sorry but I have to disagree. My doctor didn't have to fax them a letter neither did they visit me at home for a medical.

Betty
    x

please read and take notice. anyone going for atos healthcare assessment, make sure you get this recorded, as i promise you they will tell lies on there report. this is wht they done to me.
    i broke my back and have rods,bolts and plates all the way up my spine. deemed fit for work.
    they told lies,here are a few of them,i got out of the chair no problem all by myself, what a joke.
    passed medication and papers no problem, my carer done all this.
    no sweating, lies, no trembling, lies.
    complete lies after lies. get it recorded.

reading on atos website they say If it is clear that you are able to attend GP/hospital appointments, you will normally be expected to attend an assessment centre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information