Thread: Can your symptoms change?

Can your symptoms change?

I guess the answer to this is obviously yes, because at some point or another we developed all of our symptoms and probably not all at the same time. I guess I just noticed the change now because I'm focusing on everything?

Like my chest pains have changed to be more like actual heart disease pains...my breathing has changed to mimic actual suffocation instead of hyperventilation.

Like one day you're having some symptoms and the next day there is a new one. And I'm not sure if it's anxiety or not because it's a new feeling.

Does anyone have this problem? I find this very frustrating. As soon as I'm getting used to my symptoms I get another one. On the bright side, some of them have gone away....I just get new ones.

Why does this happen?

Re: Can your symptoms change?

Hi Kimmie,
    I've found that as soon as you get used to one symptom the anx finds another to scare you with.It's bloody annoying but it's quite normal for us sufferers.
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

hi kimm i woke early this morning feeling really strange some chest pain different than any other chest pain i usually get it feels quite strange it comes and goes im so tierd as ive been up sinse 4am the whole thing is freaking me out also ive got this buzzing in my ears and its driving me mad wish it was monday so i could go 2 see my gp i guess really its just another symptom of anxiety i no wot u mean thou once you get used to one another pops up its sooooo anoying take care

To tell you the truth ..the biggest and easiest way know if you have anxiety if to have to many symptoms..most illness or disease usually presents itself in one form or fashion...it can be a very odd one but its usually consistant..

Ever wondered how most doctors and nurses know what patients suffer from anxiety ? Its because their symptoms change on a regualr basis and they have too many that dont go with one specific illness..its a dead giveaway when you have to many that dont match..

IF you google it im sure you can find your symptoms with any horrid disease but well its funny almost all horid diseases also have the symptoms of anxiety but the thing about them is they are persistant in one or two areas..

Don't get me wrong im not an know it all but thats usually always a giveawayh that its anxiety ..symptoms just dont change in midstream..

I am always bugging my nurse friends with different symptoms and even though they listen .. they find that well..i have to many to be specific in one certain area although im sure most of the time im having stroke or heart attack or brain tumor although none of my symptoms are compliant with those ailments im usually back out doing whatever i couldnt do with these ailments in anyway shape fashion or form the next day or so..

So just remember if they are changing then they perhaps are not real..maybe your mind came up with them.Not a doctor or nurse but yet years of experience lol.. same problem..Michael

Quote Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
    I guess the answer to this is obviously yes, because at some point or another we developed all of our symptoms and probably not all at the same time. I guess I just noticed the change now because I'm focusing on everything?

Like my chest pains have changed to be more like actual heart disease pains...my breathing has changed to mimic actual suffocation instead of hyperventilation.

Like one day you're having some symptoms and the next day there is a new one. And I'm not sure if it's anxiety or not because it's a new feeling.

Does anyone have this problem? I find this very frustrating. As soon as I'm getting used to my symptoms I get another one. On the bright side, some of them have gone away....I just get new ones.

Why does this happen?

Thread Information