Thread: Nausea, dizziness, weak feeling. Thoughts of dying

Nausea, dizziness, weak feeling. Thoughts of dying

Hi, this is the third time Ive posted on here due to my recent struggle with health anxiety. Im 28 years old (tomorrow actually) and for the past couple days ive been experiencing a weak, nauseating, light-headed feeling. Its not enough to where I'm throwing up, but just enough to make me feel sick, tired and weak. I'm also a little shaky, but im not sure if these are all symptoms of anxiety or something else.

Of course Ive convinced myself I have cancer and Im dying. I always think worst case scenario and it drives me insane. I workout regularly but have been a moderate drinker for the past 5 or 6 years. Im a single dad with a 5 year old daughter and as I was typing this i burst into tears at the thought of her growing up without her daddy.

The only thing I can think of is that I may have eaten some under cooked chicken. It was a couple days ago and the meat close to the bone was sort of red and bloody, but I still ate it. But even then I still think worse case scenario.

Your thoughts and feedback are appreciated. I think I just need a little reassurance. Thanks

Re: Nausea, dizziness, weak feeling. Thoughts of dying

All those sensations are very common with anxiety.

I would recommend you take your moderate alcohol intake way back to a light alcohol intake. It's really not the best thing to be doing when you suffer from anxiety.

Also, remember that being a single parent is incredibly stressful. I struggle with being a dual parent of a 5 year old sometimes!

If you're worried about symptoms, then go to see the Doctor. I used to worry about things for weeks before I'd pluck up the courage to go the the GP because I 'knew' the news would be bad. Thing is, it never is.

Go, and put your mind to rest.

Re: Nausea, dizziness, weak feeling. Thoughts of dying

Thanks for the response Joe. It definitely helps. The alcohol is something I can usually take a break from for a while if I feel like its affecting my health, but eventually I go back to 2-3 drinks a day after work to help cope with anxiety. I'm trying not to take a drink today but its tempting. The thoughts going through my head are overwhelming.

Thread Information