Thread: Worried about dying younger

Worried about dying younger

I read the news about junk food and if you have it everyday you could die. I have a takeaway a few nights a week and I'm worried I could die young?

One of the articles here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/activ...ing-young.html

Re: Worried about dying younger

A takeaway is definitely detrimental to your health. But whether it causes death is entirely dependent on what else you eat outside of fast food, this isn't even including your overall weight, genetics, exercise etc.

As long as your sensible, your fine

You probably have a higher risk of choking on the donut than it causing an early death due to the unhealthiness of it.

The key is everything in moderation. Read my signature.... I take care of myself and eat right but I don't deny myself either. If I want ice cream, I'll have it...but not every night of the week and not a half gallon at a sitting.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I worry as I eat a lot of red meat or chips/fries in a week and biscuits too. I probably have more red meat than say veg in a week. I try and eat some fruit but not often.

I have a list of scenarios like:

Ignoring my bowel upsets could be ill?
    Not visiting the dentist due to my fear?
    Sometimes I run to work..so maybe that could cause me some long term strain or harm?
    I drink a lot of fizzy juice

That's just some of my fears..

Running is healthy Phil. If you are concerned because of these superfit people having heart attacks, I've read about studies in that area and its linked to an excessive imbalance in aerobic training as opposed to mixed with anaerobic training. This applies to elite people who train to very high levels.

Walking is currently being studied in terms of whether its burns more weight of or is equal to running. Doing either though is healthy both physically & mentally.

Eating certain bad foods and drinking too much is an issue when its not in moderation as FMP said. Do it excessively and you open yourself up to health conditions, which can impact life expectancy e.g. obesity.

Personally, these tests should be for the medical industy otherwise they cause panic. Remember the "predict your death" websites years ago?

I still worry about this even the news said lack of sleep, staying up late on smart phones is bad for you?

Everything in moderation.

Worrying about eating junk food is probably just as bad for you as eating the junk food itself.

Phil, you have to take these things with a pinch of salt. According to the Daily Mirror everything gives you cancer. A lot of these health scares that the media cause are fabrications of the truth or a possibility that they make into the truth. One minute Aspirin is meant to be the miracle drug and the next it's detrimental to your health.

You have to think logically and rationally. Eating junk food, which is high in sugar and fat, is not healthy, the more you eat them the unhealthier you'll become. That's just common sense. Red meat is incredibly hard for the digestive system to digest so it makes sense to not eat too much of it. Chocolate apparently lessens your chances of developing Alzheimer's disease but can give you diabetes. Red wine is meant to be good for the heart (one a day) but also increases your risk of liver disease.

Golden rule: EAT A BALANCED DIET! Eat enough fruit and veg, cut down on meat, limit sugar and fat intake and drink plenty of water. It's not rocket science, but people don't often follow this.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Thread Information