Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Know that I'm dying

Know that I'm dying

I know that there's something seriously wrong with me, and it's upsetting me so much. I have constant symptoms that make me feel ridiculously ill and my pulse is constantly ranging from 55 to 130 at rest. Walking upstairs, laughing, getting angry/shouting make me so breathless, exhausted etc and make the feeling in my chest so bad that I have to clutch it. Right now I can feel my heart beating in my back and I have such a bad ache down my left arm from my neck/shoulder and head. I'm exhausted constantly, even though I get 8 hours sleep a night. It's like this constant lethargic, sleepiness that makes it so hard to keep myself awake. The waves of tiredness come over me suddenly and I can physically feel them come over me. Most of the time my breathing feels really weird, like there's not enough breath when I'm talking etc, as if my lungs aren't working properly. I am so detached today and feel barely with it. It's taking me so long o do anything - last night it took me 3 hours to plug my phone in to charge as every time is picked it up from next to me, I got distracted and forgot about it. It's like I'm so sleepy that I'm not with it and don't know what I'm doing half of the time. I feel so dazed and spaced out, like I can genuinely feel myself slipping away. I'm only 19 and I'm so young and all I want to do is live. I don't understand why I have to die young when I don't want to :(

Re: Know that I'm dying

I'm really sorry that you are feeling this way. There is nothing worse than feeling you are going to die, as many of us on here are familiar.
    If it helps, pretty much all of the symptoms you have described can be associated with anxiety. Have you spoken to your GP about the way you are feeling? Maybe ask for a blood test - your lethargy could be due to a simple vitamin deficiency..
    Try to stay calm xx

If you really think you're going to die then you should phone nhs24 and tell them what you're feeling.
    Have you spoken to family members about how you feel? What have they said?
    Worrying makes the symptoms worse, and all your symptoms can be linked to anxiety, as hard as it is to believe that. I'm in the same position myself right now!
    Try and distract your mind away from the feelings. Do some puzzles or watch TV.
    Book and emergency appointment with your gp on Tuesday, tell them how you feel and they can do a pulse check, blood pressure etc there and then and take it from there. If you can wait that long phone nhs24 and get an out of hours appointment

Good advice from Katie there Chloe...if you really think you're dying as you have ben thinking for a while now, why not call the emergency services?

I'm too afraid to call the emergency services or 111 as I know they'll just think I'm wasting their time and I get really anxious doing things on my own :(

If I genuinely thought I was dying I wouldn't be worried about wasting anybodys time.

I've experienced exactly what you're feeling multiple times as have a lot of the other members here.

Get yourself down to a&e or your GP wjen they're open, get yourself checked out and put your mind at rest.

If it helps, with your age its highly highly unlikely to be anything wrong with your heart. Iv had chest pain and agnosing arm before, but its all anxiety - I imagine that every single person on this forum has had heart/arm pain related problems, and there are thiusands of people signed up here! But its such a classic symptom of anxiety. Also this has been going on for a while now, and I would have thought that if it was that serious that death was imminent... It would have happened by now.
    You're obviously very worried and that worry does exactly that to your heart. Causes palpitations etc. Adrenaline from fear causes rapid heart beating. It can also be quite difficult to get an accurate pulse reading by yourself.

But you really need to be properly checked out as we can't diagnose anything on here so its important you see somebody.

But you're not getting 8 hours sleep are you? You've said that you don't go to sleep till the early hours as you're too scared to go to sleep? I asked how you were getting on the other day and you ignored me and started a new post. That's quite upsetting as I have spent a lot of time trying to help you. I gave you tips for the last time you visited the gp and you ignored them too :(

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Mummy you are right....I thought the same.

Chloe, I am assuming you are alive this morning. Please take the advice Mummy gave you in the other thread.

Sarah

I know people are going to think I'm a hypocrit as I've been accused of not listening but I know deep down I've been trying a lot of different things to try and get myself well. I know I've done this. I am now again trying a different med, reading a self help book, am down for cbt and counselling on the list. I am trying.

Another thing I do is I also try and help others. I read through other posts and if I can contribute I do do.

Only the other day you were saying you couldn't sleep. You were too scared to sleep because you would die. You can't just have one nights good sleep and expect to feel better from all those other nights of no sleep, not even someone as young as yourself.

Thing I have come to understand is whether you lie in bed or go outside if you're going to die you're going to die. So would it be better to be wallowing inside and die or go outside and smell some flowers and feel the warmth of the sun on your face and die?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information