Thread: Remember about my kitty?

Remember about my kitty?

Hi, thank you for all your support about my cat getting diagnosed with cancer. It was very hard for us. But I have good news and I decided to tell it to you too. So, we didn't give up and we took our cat to other vet, this one took more blood to perform blood count + specific blood tests. I sent her the ultrasound result with all the images. After performing the blood tests, the test came with perfect results (just a few anemia because of the 2 or 3 days my cat wasn't able to eat). She said that she doesn't see any suspicious and that it may be only an inflammation.
    So, after all she told us our cat doesn't have cancer and that it was a really bad missunderstanding and she can't believe the other veterinarian told us that she was going to die. She told us about possible intoxication or some kind of virus or bacteria.

This was the second time she got diagnosed with something mortal and she survived and ended having nothing wrong and her name is Mili (Milagros) which means Miracles in english language. I think she's a miracle after all

Re: Remember about my kitty?

Woohoo that's excellent news so glad for you and little Mili.

You may say, why is this related to Health Anxiety? Well the answer is that when my cat got wrong diagnosed with cancer, my anxiety went from 50% to 100% thinking that I may have cancer too (because I'm a person with persistent enlarged lymph nodes in neck). But now both my cat and me feel awesome

It's great to hear Mili is going to be fine. That other vet needs a serious kick up the back side for putting you all through this but at least everything has turned out well.

They can sort out her liver infection and she will be running around before you know it!

Most people (well surely any pet lover) would feel anxiety and other emotions over something like this just as we do about our loved ones. It's triggering for our anxiety but until you recover enough you have to accept triggers will have their impact on you. But facing it and doing the right thing shows you aren't letting anxiety win, even if it is still a horrible experience.

Woooo go mili!

I understand with your HA, we found a lump in my dogs neck, turned out nothing serious but my HA went through the roof thinking I had enlarged lymph nodes!

Hope you are both feeling better!

Thread Information