Thread: Faster than normal heart rate (all the time)

Faster than normal heart rate (all the time)

I have noticed in the past couple of days that my heart rate is faster than normal, sometimes it really pounds but other times it is just fast (even when relaxing). It is about 80 bpm, I know this is within normal ranges but it seems fast to me. Anyone else have this all the time?

p.s. I visited my Doctor yesterday and he gave my heart and lungs a clean bill of health, but I'm still worried.

Hi mel

Check out what stimulants you may be taking, caffine etc ,see if there is anything in your diet that might be contributing, failing that relexation and breathing exercises
    may help a little, best of luck

gary

gary

Mel ,

80 bpm whilst you're a bit concerned is totally reasonable. IF you weren't concerned you wouldn't be checking it ..

With abdominal breathing and meditation you should be able to get it down a bit more .

It also depends on what and when you've last ate or drunk anything, whether you need to eat or sleep and your circadian rhythm.

No need for concern at all.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

I had a similar thing a couple of weeks ago. My heart rate seemed fast all the time (90bpm). I made a real effort to try and relax and eventually it seemed to come down. Sometimes viruses can cause a fast heart rate.

You're right Dave.

Any infection or inflammation will increase the activity within the body thus increasing the base metabolism rate having a direct effect on the heart and breathing rates.

Meg

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi,

I have a racing heart as a symptom of anxiety and recently my doctor prescribed me with a beta blocker which helps to slow it down. I only take them when i may be in a stressful situation, which for me is going out, but can be different for everyone depending on what your anxiety is. My heart rate is usually around 120 when it's going fast and i'm not doing anything! To me, to have a heart rate of around 80 is good! I can understand where you are coming from. It's one of my more annoying symptoms!

Lucy
    xxx

Hi Mel

This isn't something I normally worry about, but when I'm very anxious - which can last a long time, I'm not just talking about panic attacks - I do physically feel my heart beating harder and faster than normal. Although I have never actually measured my heart rate at the time it is definately there and very noticable. I usually find relaxation heps to calm it a little though.

mico

hi, I have been getting fast heart beats for years usualy over 90 but since i have learned to ignore it it has seemed to drop to around the 70 mark. i think worrying about it makes it keep up the speed. tc Vernon

Thank you all for your replies. I have actually been going down with a cold in the last couple of days, and I found that my temperature was a couple of degrees up, I didn't even feel like I had a raised temp, but I guess that must have been what it was. Oh boy, do I hate my body when it scares me like that!

best wishes to you all

Mel

Mel,

Don't hate your body at all, be pleased that it knows what it's doing to help you best and try to work with it and not against it ..Understanding and education go a long way to allowing this.

Meg

Thread Information