Thread: Can tiredness make you flushed?

Can tiredness make you flushed?

I posted recently about having hot flushes in my face that make me panic and shake I saw my GP and he said it was anxiety and I panicked at the hot feeling in the face causing a slight panic attack.

I have gone 2 weeks without having a panic attack, I saw my GP Thursday and he said I am doing well. He thinks it is all due to my Nan passing in July and I am really not getting close to getting over it, I am not sleeping at all, I am lucky to get 3-4 hours and then I am awake for the rest of the night. I have 3 children so I am finding it really hard without sleep.

My GP also said lack of sleep can make you feel hot and tired in the eyes and he said that is possibly why my temples and forehead feel warm at times, then I panic one of the 'attacks' are going to hit so my cheeks flush too. Do you think tiredness could cause this? I suddenly just go warm one one side usually, sometimes both, in the temple and cheeks. I am learning not to panic now as my GP has tried to reassure me I am fit and healthy and hot flushes do not mean anything serious and I am only 33 so it isn't the menopause

Re: Can tiredness make you flushed?

You are clearly worried about the flushes which will keep them coming on :(
    My personal opinion is yes 110% anxiety, seems your Doctor agrees aswell.
    Has he not organised a counsellor or anything? :(

I have always suffered anxiety but not had hot flushing on the face which is why it worries me.

A few weeks ago i suddenly went very hot in the face which made me panic. Heart started racing, felt faint and shaking. It soon passed once i got a grip of myself, it happened again 4 days later. It starts with the hot flush, then the panic symptoms hit....fast heart, shakes...... at the time it hits I can be fine, not worrying and just going about my day. If it is anxiety it's a very new symptom for me

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Yes, I am on the list for bereavement counselling, it's a long wait.

When I panic my face only gets hot some of the time.
    Being tired often makes it feel too warm.
    It can feel almost like its burning, but cold water and a fan can help.

Thread Information