Thread: emotions

emotions

Hi all. is it normal to just feel emotionally numb with anxiety. like you have no emotions and just feel lifeless no matter how much you want to.

Re: emotions

i feel like this all the time, but i always just assumed that teenagers were like that...

Hi Sherdac, I think it's something to do with being totally preoccupied with thinking of and fighting the anxiety. It also makes you tired and exhausted which in turn lowers your responses. Might be an idea to give yourself an experiment in feeling emotions such as laughter. Try and watch some comedy and see if you can respond with lots of laughter. cheers.

Yeah, I have that too, on and off- the emotional numbness and the tiredness from it. It's caused by anxiety...I don't know if you're on medication, but I actually found it even worse when I was on antidpressants- I eventually decided I'd rather be sad and scared and sometimes numb (but sometimes happy) than feel nothing at all ever.
    I also agree about watching comedies...when I've feel crappy, I watch Friends...I've watched the whole series several times now LOL.

hi, iv had a lot of trouble expressing my emotions. i have felt like a robot sometimes, seen as though i thought it 'wasnt' right to have a cry when something goes wrong. i was always the 'head-strong coper', i can see how being anxious takes over ur emotions. but i find laughter the greatest way to overcome this x

hi sherdac,

yes this is normal i was like that for 2 months couldnt feel any emotions at all depareately wanted to cry on occasions but couldnt i think it is your bodys way of protecting you from further distress when your body and the anxiety calms down you will get your emotions back i know i have although now i can cry on a daily basis i see this as positive and it does get rid of the tension.

sammie

Thread Information