Thread: nasal polyps!

Red face nasal polyps!

hi every1. Went to docs on friday because i had a problem swallowing and a cough and cold and just basically felt like crap. This is the third time ive had a bad cold and chest infection since Christmas! The doc had a look into my nose and said that i had a nasal polyp and that i'll have to get it removed. Any body had this or any info on it coz i havent got a clue what it is?
    he gave me some anti-biotics as he said i had some sort of respitory infection, but i got worse over the wk end. especially my chest. I went back today and Ive now been told ive got bronchitis! It just seems like its one thing after another with me. Im only 22 and i cant remember the last time there wasnt anything wrong with me. Why do i have such a weak immune system!? xx

Re: nasal polyps!

Had a search for u and only one other post about this that you may want to read.

Sorry you are so bad - hope you feel better soon.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi
    nasal polyps are very common,i would see the ent people though as sometime they dont always recommend that you have them removed as they sometimes just grow back again and its not always worth putting you through the surgery, they will advise you as to what is best to do. Im pretty sure its nothing to worry about. As for the other thing with the respiratory infections, sometimes we just get a stubborn strain of bug which takes a while to shift and anxiety wont be helping you, you have to take care of yourself, proper diet , enough sleep, and although i know how difficult it is, try not to worry.

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

Hi,
    I had nasal polyps last summer and had a lot of headaches too - but I haven't had an operation (thank goodness cos I'm really scared of hospitals!). I was given quite a strong antibiotic and steriod tablets which often reduce the polyps. I've not been too bad this year so far... I've also been told that the operations aren't particularly recommended as the benefits can be short term. Get a second opinion.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Thread Information