Thread: Tingling in arms and legs

Tingling in arms and legs

Hi, for the last week or so I have been getting tingling in both of my arms and legs and then in the last few days it has changed to just my left arm and leg and if I find at night when I lie down that sometimes my leg goes a bit numb, like its gone to sleep. I also have a feeling of cramp in my left claf. Obviously this is really worrying me. I have been suffering with severe anxiety for 2/3 months but have been getting much better recently and this is a new sysmptom. My doc has referred my to a neurologist which has freaked me out. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hi

It is very common indeed and is related to you not breathing correctly.

There is this post as well ...

Pins and Needles & Tingling

If you learn to breath correctly it may help with the symptoms.

Nicola

Hi

I get this a lot and infact have had left sided tingling and odd numb like sensations again today. I know it is hard to believe it is just anxiety I certainly find it hard to.

I find that if I occupy myself the feelings fade a bit. Are always worst in the mornings and late at night.

Good luck x

Hi Pen,
    I have had these sensations in my limbs and has really freaked me out when it is left sided and linked to my main sympton of chest pains and palps. Don't worry this is common and breathing 7 - 11 really does help if you do it for long enough also occupying yourself as already suggested really makes a difference.

Take care
    Shaz

What cannot be fitted into your day, cannot be done - forget about it!

Hi Shaz and Katies

Thanks for your quick replies and kind words, but there was one thing that I had forgot to mention. These feelings of tingling and numbness have been happening all day and everyday and as Katies said worse in the morning and at night and not at times when I feel panic, although I must say that since it has been happening I have felt lots more anxious - like a knock on effect! I have found that distraction improves the symptoms a bit but it never really seems to go away. I will try breathing excercises.

i get it all the time as well and mine does it all the time when sleeping and my left sholder is always numb but it comes and goes it is always scring me as well your not alone!!!

Thread Information