Thread: worry-fear-anxiety-scary thoughts-feeling strange

worry-fear-anxiety-scary thoughts-feeling strange

A year ago i started to have panic attacks they got bad for about 2 months, i had one so bad that i thought i was going crazy, after that i felt very strange and depressed because i had no idea what happend to me. I finally shook it off and felt normal (took about 2 months). I felt 80% normal for about 4 months and then i had another jolt of anxiety rush to my head, after that i kept worrying well accually fearing that i might go comletlely crazy one day for about 3 months. now i have been in a wierd state of mind and i think its DR DP (derealization) my vision seems a bit foggy and i can't deal with reality. My thoughts are very intense, i keep thinking of the universe and how everything is possible and i keep thinking of my mind and how its there. The last month has been scary. I just keep fearing that one day im going to go completly mad from all the mind boggling thoughts i have, i just can't stop thinking deeply about everthing. anyways there my story-well my life right now. im 18 so that sort of makes things worse, i can't really party with my friends anymore because my fear is taking controll of my life, i just can't believe what happening to me, i just want my old self back!- sorry i posted the same mesage on "introduce yourself" i saw symptoms so i posted here too

Hello,
    I suffered in a similar way when I was your age - all the big questions about life, the universe, etc etc. I still ponder it now sometimes, but I have become good at not allowing myself to think about it for too long. I have found diverting my mind by either reading, playing the playstation or going for a big walk helps me. I would suggest you try and find ways to divert your attention. maybe try talking about it with some of your friends - you may be surprised to find some of them think the same, too. I have managed to control my panic attacks, and haven't had one for about 5 years now (I'm 29), so you can overcome them! There wasn't nearly as much information or support like this when I was your age, so you are on a head start! ahve a read and see you are not alone and try not to let your fear stop you doing things - easier dsaid than done, I know, but keep trying!
    Seeker

Hi Valley,

wow, i can totally relate to how you are feeling right now, but i have managed to turn it around and try and see the more positive side to life.
    i know what it feels like to think about everything constantly, be it the environment, war in iraq, poverty and closer to home things like the worries of my day to day life, as well as spiritual questions i want to try and solve etc.

basically my whole life up until now (i'm 30) i've worried about everything that is happening in the world, why are people so cruel? what really happens when we die? everything was just ticking over in my mind. while i was doing this i forgot how amazing my life really is and everything i had to be grateful for. i realised that although these things are very important to me i.e the environement, i basically had to tell myself that a lot of these things are out of my control and that i needed to start concentrating on being happy in my life. i also started to think about small ways i could start to make a difference or to help others, and if you can too do that kind of thing it will make a huge impact on your life knowing that you are helping making a difference.

so always try to see the positive in your life, no matter how dark it may seem remember after winter always comes spring.
    things will get better for you if you be kind to yourself and positive about about how beautiful your life is, because you can make it beautiful.

hope that helps

all the best

Emma

Hi Valley,

wow, i can totally relate to how you are feeling right now, but i have managed to turn it around and try and see the more positive side to life.
    i know what it feels like to think about everything constantly, be it the environment, war in iraq, poverty and closer to home things like the worries of my day to day life, as well as spiritual questions i want to try and solve etc.

basically my whole life up until now (i'm 30) i've worried about everything that is happening in the world, why are people so cruel? what really happens when we die? everything was just ticking over in my mind. while i was doing this i forgot how amazing my life really is and everything i had to be grateful for. i realised that although these things are very important to me i.e the environement, i basically had to tell myself that a lot of these things are out of my control and that i needed to start concentrating on being happy in my life. i also started to think about small ways i could start to make a difference or to help others, and if you can too do that kind of thing it will make a huge impact on your life knowing that you are helping making a difference.

so always try to see the positive in your life, no matter how dark it may seem remember after winter always comes spring.
    things will get better for you if you be kind to yourself and positive about about how beautiful your life is, because you can make it beautiful.

hope that helps

all the best

Emma

Hi Valley

Try these links also they may help hun

Thoughts
    Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    Mind Games
    obsessive thoughts & anxiety
    Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing..
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..
    Its happening again !
    Things to consider for success!
    [Link removed as post deleted]
    Thoughts
    image projection in my mind

weird thoughts
    odd thoughts...
    Strange thoughts....Anyone else?
    Silly thoughts
    strange things!
    worried...
    scared and down!

negative thoughts – dealing with

Dealing with negative thoughts

Love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Wow, thanks for all your comments and help, everyone seems very nice here, its a great forum! im glad to be apart of this all... thanks!

So its not possible for me to go crazy from all these intense thoughts?....sometimes when i think too deeply about it, i get the feeling that im going to loose control. Im pretty sure i read that anxiety thoughts will not lead to insanity any input would be great..thanks

You know.. I used to read things like this here and wonder how people could handle them ,now I know exactly what you are feeling and it scares me.I thought I was getting better only to find im even questioning my own sanity now..My plight started as being sad about the wars and people dying and no one seemed to care and things on the new..I stopped watching the news and even television and also stopped so many things that I used to love.I have projects but one moment they seem to matter other moments they dont seem to mean anything.Deep down inside I get scared that I want be able to enjoy their completion so whats the use..also i get that feeling of mortality and although so many tell you there is nothing wrong with you its a known fact that any of us could die at any time.It just seems so useless to live.Your mind has to deal with all of this and try to ignore the facts..and the inevitable.I find that sometimes if I just keep going some of this fades..and it never ceases to amaze me that i can continue to communicate online.It would stand to reason if you are incabable of feeling ok then how can you commuicate ideas online?We must all be just thinking way to much and need to just let go and keep on ..i don't know about all this and it makes me worry so..

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Re: worry-fear-anxiety-scary thoughts-feeling strange

Hi Valley,
    I'm 18 and suffering from exactly the same thing, wierd

Re: worry-fear-anxiety-scary thoughts-feeling strange

Sorry i pressed enter accidently, i meant to put wierd huh? lol. I started getting panic attacks last year in March, and i've only just managed to start seeing a pyschiatrist! Doctors ey. What i say to myself is, if i'm worried i'm going insane and looking for the signs, then i musn't be. Because people who are completely insane don't know it do they? . . .

My e-mail ad is k.thornton.6493@hotmail.co.uk. Just incase you fancy a chat.

All the best Kayz x x x x

Thread Information