Thread: Ibs everyday ?

Ibs everyday ?

Just wondered if anyone with IBS has symptoms everyday ? I've had symptoms everyday for 4 months and its really getting me down. The constant loud stomach noises and the daily wind are the worse !!!! I've been googling and i,ve now convinced myself i've got a blockage somewhere coz apparently increased stomach noise can be a sign of this. I'me constantly on edge waiting for something terrible to happen. Everytime i eat my stomach makes unbelievable noises !!!! Please someone help to put my mind at rest. Thanks xxxx

Re: Ibs everyday ?

Have you spoken to a dietician as to what you can and can't eat as that will make a BIG difference to how the IBS is.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No i haven't. Sometimes it seems whatever i eat causes my stomach to react. Feel very frustrated at the moment.

It certainly helped me seeing a dietician. I cannot eat the usual 5 portions of fruit and veg a day for starters.

Spicy food, acidy foods, citrus fruits all aggrevate it.

Have you read the IBS page on the left it suggest what foods you can and cannot eat.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Stress and anxiety are big triggers for IBS. It isn't just about about what you eat. x

I had the exact same worry, I went to A&E and he did an exam and said I was actually empty, that I should eat more.

I have terrible trapped wind which is MUCH worse when im anxious.

I have IBS every day too and have for a long time, i find the only thing which settles it is codeine but obviously you can't take that every day, so i have just learnt to live with it..

Thanx for all your help. I have read the info on here for ibs. Wind being my worse problem i try to avoid the foods that make it worse. I do think i am probably not eating as much as i should for fear of making things worse i find leaving long gaps between eating not a good idea so am trying to eat little and often. I am feeling really anxious and find it really hard to relax. Doctor has given me anti depressant which i've taken before which have not helped much yet but it's not been a week yet. Just wish it would ease off a bit even a day would be something.

its very true....unfortunately ibs and psychological disorders are closely linked....there is strong evidence to suggest they are very much in synch with each other......so if you suffer psychological disorders it is likely you will suffer from some symptoms of ibs....

for physical symptoms i use heathers tummy acacia fiber from the u.s. it is fab and really can help. i haven't been able to find her selling in the uk yet tho so i buy mine from u.s. worth giving it a go

Yes I get IBS everyday, at least it's presummed that it's IBS as all tests have so far proved exhaustive.

Mine is particularly bad after a bowel movement and not as before as most websites state!

It would appear that the pain is more than likely the trapped wind, unfortunately I cannot get any relief from Buscopan.

My work situation is very affected and it appears to be getting worse.

Great fun.

Thread Information