Thread: Scared Stiff

Scared Stiff

Hi, I know this sounds really stupid but my GP is going to ring me at 12pm so I can explain to him for the first time in 16 years about my anxiety and PA's. At the moment I can't face anyone and feel it's getting out of hand so I need to speak to him. I'm really cra**ing myself right now and heart's beating out of my head and I'm scared i'm not going to be able to express myself properly over the phone. I can't get an appointment until the 1st Nov. and I can't wait that long. I've even had to have a glass of wine to try and calm me down otherwise i'm not going to be able to speak to him.

"It doesn't matter who you are, it's what you do that takes you far"

Hi,
    If I were you I'd write a list of what you need to say just in case you clam up. Youll feel better after the call I hope.
    Take Care and good luck
    julie x

miss champers

its not stupid at all, of course you are worried about what to say...after 16 years of this its alot of stuff crammed in there!.

i hope it all went ok and hes offered you some good advice!.

x kirsty x

hi miss champers i hope everything went ok and he helped you in right direction let us know how you got on.take care tracy

Hi there,writing it all down is a good idea like hopeful says.Try not to stress out to much,he will understand you.You have alot to get of your chest pet.well done for phoning him in the first place.Hope all goes well for you.let us know.

Ellen XX

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi, I know this sounds really stupid[/i]
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    It's not stupid if it's worrying you that much!!!! I hope all went well and you managed to get a lot out, I was always told, you shouldn' leave the doctors until you're completely happy you've been listened to.

Mo x

Thanks for the replies everyone, I managed to get across to him everything I needed to without getting in a panic! He signed me off work for 2 weeks and perscribed me Fluroxetine and Diazapan then I have to go and see him on the 31st Oct. I've just been reading the side affects of the meds and now i'm worrying i'll end up getting addicted and feeling worse. I'm going away at the weekend (which is making me feel anxious) and I want to have a few drinks so i'll probably wait until I come back before I start taking the tabs. Thanks again for your support x

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks for the replies everyone, I managed to get across to him everything I needed to without getting in a panic! He signed me off work for 2 weeks and perscribed me Fluroxetine and Diazapan then I have to go and see him on the 31st Oct. I've just been reading the side affects of the meds and now i'm worrying i'll end up getting addicted and feeling worse. I'm going away at the weekend (which is making me feel anxious) and I want to have a few drinks so i'll probably wait until I come back before I start taking the tabs. Thanks again for your support x

<div align="right">Originally posted by MissChampers - 18 October 2006 : 14:28:05</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Thread Information