Thread: high blood pressure.

high blood pressure.

does anyone suffer high bp due to anxiety,which at times ur bp can be fine then shoot up.

hy tina,

when your overly anxious,or panicky,the body releases adrenelin,at the same time increasing blood pressure,as you relax again,the blood pressure decreases..if worried about it,always consult your doctor....best wishes..bryan.

I am on medication for high blood pressure but I am convinced that it was higher due to the panic (and being overweight).

Do you get yours checked regularly.

Nicola

Hi Tina
    I am also on tablets to control my blood pressure and check it myself using a home meter as well as the 6 monthly checks at the doctors. It is uaually higher when I visit the doctor due soley to anxiety and a 'white coat syndrome' which I seem to have developed about 8 years ago.

If in doubt - call and see the doctor. Hope this helps.

Red

on monday i got mine checked because i know when mine is up ,i get a pulsating noise in y ears and this time i also had a humming in my head,on monday it was 164/102 and i totally freaked i thought i was gonny die ,,the nurse told my doctor and i saw him on tuesday and yip it was down to 138/88 ,,so he said its definatly anxiety putting it up,,a few months ago it was up and i got put on atenolol 25mg but after about a month i felt horrible ,weak ,weird ,kept thinking i was gonny faint ,felt sick etc and i told my doctor i though my bp was too low but he said it couldnt be but after checking it ,it was too low ,so thats why he definatly thinks its anxiety ,

hi tina,i work for the NHS,and were given a thorough medical annually,but our blood pressure is checked every six months...its a fact of life,that our BP,and heart rate,go up and down,depending on what were doing,at any particular time.....at least youve had yours checked....there are tens of thousands of people in this country,that walk around,not realising,that they have a problem,they are the ones at risk,not the people on this forum.

best wishes..bryan.

Thread Information