Thread: Weird sensation on back of tongue - Tongue cancer fears

Unhappy Weird sensation on back of tongue - Tongue cancer fears

I have been really paranoid lately and I stupidly looked up my symptoms on google and came up with cancer of the tongue. I have a tingling sensation right at the back of my tongue. It is not painful. There are bumps at the back of my tongue (one on either side) where my tongue joins to my throat by my back teeth. I know everyone has them, its just they never notice them because they are far back. I was dumb enough to inspect my mouth with a torch and noticed one was larger than the other. Maybe they always have been, but now I know one is bigger ive convinced myself its swollen and now i can feel it all the time because im conscious of it being there. I dont know if I have a crawling/gritty sensation at the back of my throat or my brain is just inventing symptoms along with my enlarged tonsil. Please not its not the normal tonsils at the back of your throat but the lingual tonsils... a bubble of flesh right at the back of your tongue on either side... it also has a couple of small bumps in front of each one... which I believe is also normal anatomy from what I have researched... but could anybody take the time to stick their tongue out as far as poss and look either side to see if theirs are the same size or one is bigger than the other? Im so scared of tonguee cancer. Ive already envisioned having my tongue cut out and only having months to live. someone put my mind at reat, please x

Re: Weird sensation on back of tongue - Tongue cancer fears

Went and got a docs appointment today. It was mild tonsilitis :S Sometimes anxiety makes you feel stupid doesnt it? x

Thread Information