Thread: Pain in my ribs...

Pain in my ribs...

I'm having this pain in my ribs, and it's freaking me out. I don't know why, but my mind suddenly thinks "blood clot". I don't know what else it could be, and of course I always seem to think the worst of things. I did the big No No, and googled. I really wish they would just delete google sometimes. Or maybe I should block it from my computer. Anyway, when I googled the symptoms I only had the pain of a blood clot. I can breathe fine, and I'm not coughing, or feel like I can't catch my breath, and it doesn't hurt when I take a deep breath. I will here shortly though if I keep thinking about it. Does anyone else have these weird rib pains? Its on the left lower side under my rib cage. It always helps when I come here and ask. Thanks.

Re: Pain in my ribs...

Actually lately i have noticed a sharp pain below my right rib...sometimes the left. i notice it more when im not very active during the day. i dont know if i helped at all but i do know that searching google never helps.

I assure you if you had a blood clot you wouldn't have the strengh to type here and im sure you would have lost conciousness before you could have
    written what you did...Im pretty sure you don't have a blood clot..take care

I had something similar, in the same place, my doc said it was called costrochondritis, I think, inflammation of the cartilidge around your ribs, and painful but not at all dangerous, usually starts from some minor injury, a knock etc that you might not even notice at the time, and is pretty common, more common than anything nasty anyway! Get it checked out to put your mind at rest, but I've had blood clot worries and from the research I did into that it doesn't sound like that at all. Those bloody symptom websites are a nightmaare aren't they?? We'd be so much better off if they just weren't there!

Thread Information