Thread: Sharp chest pain

Sharp chest pain

Hi guys.
    Well at 1.45 this morning I was woken by a sudden series of very sharp and short, no longer than a second chest pains, located right above heart area. I've had all heart tests in the past all fine , apart from slight murmer which I was told was normal for most people. But I can't help thinking there is something else going on here and that they've missed something. Dies anyone else suffer from these short sharp stabs?

Re: Sharp chest pain

Hi Wilkes, I have had anxiety/panic for a little over 6 yrs now...I also get the sharp stabbing like pains in my chest at times when my anxiety is really acting up. They used to scare me so bad I'd get countless EKG and hospital ER visits. They told me nothing was wrong and it probably was anxiety related. Chest wall pain is possible as well but not serious...maybe another doctors visit would set your mind at ease.

Re: Sharp chest pain

Hi!
    I also have sharp chest pains (it started in February) and I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with "costochondriasis"...I think I spelt that right...
    Basically means that your chest wall muscles are inflammed, completely harmless! It is self limiting and resolves itself with time, just rest and take anti inflammatory meds.

What we need to remember is that if we have had our heart checked out then everything is okay! And although the feeling is uncomfortable it is totally benign and should just be ignored as much as possible

This will pass!

Thread Information