Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worrying about mouth.

Worrying about mouth.

Hi, I was doing realy well of late untill my mind is worring about something else of late.

Im worrying about my mouth, reassurance if possible please?

The front of my mouth, which is in front of my front lower gum (hard to explain), feels like ulcers are on their way, but are not.

I'm not sure if it's me concentrating on this to much and causing me to feel uncomfatable or something serious is happening to my front of the mouth.

If you put your tongue down your front lower gum and feel on the bottom of the mouth, does anybody else feel bumps or anything uneven or not smooth?

I might be prodding to much, which is causing the slight uncomfort, I'm not sure.

I last went dentist for check up about 4 months ago, had teeth and gums checked!

Red

hi red, mine feels really lumpy and bumpy too, i think everyone's does, i guess most people just dont check it.

have you ever seen an operation on tv? the insides of people's bodies are not all smooth and neat (neither are the outsides come to think about it!), they look pretty disgusting i reckon, full of weird lumpy bits, a bit alien really, and if you think about it your mouth is inside your body so you would expect it to look and feel a bit 'weird'.

i suffer from health anxiety too, but honestly this would not bother me at all.

take care,
    mag

Hi Red, mine is definately lumpy as well and at one side more than the other. I have had terrible anxiety to do with my mouth and have had it looked at so many times i've lost count. My dentist says if you reguarly go ot the dentist i.e. once/twice a year then don't worry. Its something they look for and it is very rare.
    hth,
    anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Hi Red,

Mine's generally lumpy and bumpy too! I do suffer a lot from mouth ulcers (probably due to stress!) but also I get odd swellings from time to time that come up and go down without the pain of ulcers. Not sure what they are but they only last a couple of days.

When I've nothing specific to worry about, I go looking for symptoms and I had something similar on my tongue a couple of weeks ago where it looked unusually bumpy. I had the children sticking their tongues out so I could see if mine was more bumpy than theirs! (I was convinced it was, but next day when I looked it was "normal" again so I think my eyes maybe gang up with my mind in a bid to send me over the top!).

Hope you are reassured and get back on track!

Caroline
    xx

Hi Red,

I used to worry about my mouth. Ive had health anxiety for over 10 years so theres not many parts of my body I havent dwelt on over the years.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Mine is deffo lumpy and bumpy!!!!

"Why does life turn you upside down and inside out then back round again"

don't worry, i just checked and mine is lumpy and bumpy aswell. i am sure you are fine.

Mine's lumpy and bobbly too.

YES MY MOUTH IS REALY LUMPEY AT THE BOTTOM. EVERYONE HAS THEM. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT
    DEBERA

Thankyou to those who replied.

Can anxiety and thinking about my mouth make it tender and feel sore as it was ok until I noticed
    my mouth being lumpy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information