Hi

Can all of you suffering from IBS let me have a list of your symptoms please?

Mine are:

Abdominal pain in 3 areas (not necessarily all at the same time!) - sharp/burning pain under ribs, cramp like pain around my tummy button and discomfort very low down almost in my bottom like a pressure.

Wind/gas I belch and hiccup a lot and have the other end too especially first thing in the morning. Lots of stomach gurgling!

Bowel Movements These have not changed hugely as I have had on average 3 BMs a day for years. However, I do have an urgency in the morning and often go several times in a short space of time. BMs can be normal some days, looser next day (very rarely diarhea), sometimes thin.

Incomplete BM I always feel like I need to go. When I do, this eases for a short while but comes back and hangs around all day even when I don't need to go. I have had piles too which doesn't help!!

Bloatedness Sometimes I feel 3 months pregnant!!

I have had good blood test results, good pelvic and abdomnal ultrasound, normal urine test, good blood pressure, no lumps in tummy, no weight loss or loss of appetite, no bleeding (apart from piles!). I was diagnosed with IBS 3 and a half years ago after a colonoscopy and barium xray. I have been largely ok until a few months ago. I think I have convinced myself that I don't have bowel cancer but it keeps creeping back into my mind!!

But i have symptoms every day and have done for the last 10 weeks. The main symptom at the moment is pain under my ribs and pressure (feeling of incomplete BM). The doctor has just done a test for H. Pylori. I am starting CBT next week.

Does anyone else have ongoing symptoms?