Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Tongue?!

White Tongue?!

My Tongue seems pretty White. And more so at the back of it. It's not drastically white, not sure what it is. But I'm worried it's oral thrush, anyone else know what I mean? Is it normal?

Re: White Tongue?!

Hi there,

I get this too. Noticeably in the mornings which I guess is just a build up of bacteria or similar prior to brushing. I also get this due to dehydration as I am terrible when it comes to drinking enough. Could either of these explain yours?

Do you smoke or drink alcohol and have a bad diet?

All of these can effect it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I get this too now and again, neither dentists or doctors when I have been to see them for something unrelated have commented on it, so I'm sure this is pretty normal. It seems to come and go over the years and I agree that diet and wellbeing have a lot to do with it.

Have a look at your oral hygiene and keeping your mouth healthy in general, for example, floss daily, a tongue scraper can be good for cleaning it up, or brush your tongue with your toothbrush, all good advice for a healthy mouth

It still seems pretty white. I mean is oral thrush like noticeably obvious? It's not like a coating of thick White stuff, it's more like a thin layer of White stuff. Thicker at the back though.

I think Thrush is sore and painful as well, so I don't think it's that

Hi i get this to. Ive never really paid attention to it before but ive seen a dentist/doctor many times that have looked in my mouth and theyve never mentioned it

i had thrush throughout my pregnancy last year and it was so painfull i couldnt eat a thing, my tongue is still white every moning my gp has said it is due to lack of fluids hope this helps
    amandaxxxxxxxx

Hi not sure if I can help... but find this extremely coincidental as I posted something similar the other day.

Tongue is also white especially at the back and I have a strong metallic taste to go with, no amount of brushing seems to help. A visit to the Docs two days ago resulted in could be Thrush and he has given me drops 1ml 4 x day.....disgusting!!!!

Im not convinced but it can't do me any harm finishing the course... so will let you know of any improvements.
    Hope this helps?

Lisa

I have a thick YELLOW coating on my tongue. I have seen the doctor as it is very obvious. The doctor told me that white/yellow coating (without pain) is normal and usually diet related. It doesn't mean that you have a bad diet either (just to do with the acidity in your diet)... the doctor guessed I was a veggie by looking at my tongue. I still worry about my tongue quietly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information