Thread: feels like its a bit of plastic

feels like its a bit of plastic

Can anybody help? It's not so much a lump that I feel in my throat but that something is stuck there like a bit of plastic, is this anxiety too? I've had it for a while so just put it down to one of the symptoms that I get but as I am reading everyone seems to describe it as a lump, please help I'm not having a great day and could do with some reasurance. Thanks

Re: feels like its a bit of plastic

Have you swallowed anythig sharp like crispy bacon or walkers crisps without chewing properly? Because if that grazes your throat it feels EXACTLY like the food is still stuck there! But it can't really get stuck without you choking. If not then its probably nothing to worry about. The usual things.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

No don't think so as I've had it for a while and it moves from one side to another, think it's pretty much definatley anxiety but not sure whether to get it checked anyway, thanks though just a pretty hard thing to ignore.

Please excuse the repeat, I just posted this to someone else with a similar problem...

I sympathise, I'm going through similar after swallowing some apple peel 'the wrong way' 4 months ago. Last week I finally had the bronchoscopy under general anaesthetic. It wasn't bad at all, nothing to be scared of. I was so hopeful they'd find and remove a strip of peel this time! However, the surgeon told me there is 'nothing' in my throat, but my throat begs to differ - I'm still having horrible discomfort from this phantom apple peel, but no one will believe it's really there. I've come to the conclusion that nothing will fix it except time.

I'm trying to keep on top of the discomfort with iced water and painkillers, but it's hard - it's so persistent. I'm pretty down about it today. Sorry not to be more encouraging. If you find a solution, please let us know!

A question, does yours move or 'rattle' when you cough?

Thank you, mine doesn't rattle but it does move, although I did decide to ignore it as I decided it was anxiety and eventually it disappeared, it does come back every now and again but I am ignoring it, easier said than done but it helps.

I feel like that now. I HATE the fear and feeling of choking. its ripped my life up for years now :( x x x

Thread Information