Thread: Abdomen pain

Abdomen pain

I have been having the most excrutiating pain on the right hand side of my lower abdomen. This has been going on for over 2 years and I have seen so many doctors about it, but no one can tell me what it is.

It rules my life at the moment and there is nothing that I can do to take my mind off it other than have a nice soak in a very hot bath, or have a hot**ter bottle strapped to my stomach.

Earlier in the year my gynacologist performed a laparoscopy - we were convinced I had endometriosis, but no I dont, and now on friday he is sending me to see a urologist to rule out anything to do with my kidneys and bladder - he took a sample of my urine the other day and there was blood in it, but no infection so Im a little bit worried about that and why its there.

The other thing is what happens if the pain is just caused by anxiety - my therapist mentioned the possibility of this to me the other day and it worries me because I dont know how to stop it and it hurts so so much. If there is something physically wrong they can cut it out or give me medincine, but anxiety already rules so much of my life im so worried ill never be able to put a stop to it!!

Feeling really low and cant stop crying - think I just need some friendly advice and some words of wisdom

Thanks x

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Re: Abdomen pain

It still could be an infection of the kidneys. And the good news is this can be sorted with the right anti-B's.

I suffer with kidney problems and as a result are prone to infections. I always show blood but no protein.

Was the urine sample sent to a lab for further investigation? Some infections can be hard to spot and the dip stick at the Dr's is usually very limited.

Could be a kidney stone grumbling away. If it was renal colic you'd on crawling on your hands and knees crying - it is akin to childbirth pain. Makes grown men cry!

But don't worry - the tests for kidneys and bladder aren't horrible. Some are a little uncomfy but not painful. Do let us know what they do and what the results are..

Thread Information